David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Great deal in my opinion

say yes and thierrytheking14 like this.
  2. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Good deal. I suppose that’s us done for today unless we move Iwobi out and go for a little surprise.

3. Camron

Camron Established Member

Tierney and Luiz is great business.

4. yousif_arsenal

5. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

That makes no sense. If there’s one criticism that can’t be levelled at Diarra it’s that he didn’t ‘put in the hard yards’. His issues were off the pitch.

He left Chelsea because Mourinho kept using him the way we’re using Ainsley now, as a utility rightback, despite being a defensive midfielder with outstanding potential as he showed at Real Madrid.

He joined us and had to wait several weeks for his debut, only getting 3 starts before being sold to Portsmouth. We flopped massively the following year after Flamini and Gilberto left.

6. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

8m, 2 year contract is not bad. Was thinking we would have to go up to 12m yesterday.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

Was worried we give Luiz 3-4 deal but 2 years is very good won't be problem for us to sell him if he not preformed

Iceman10 likes this.
  8. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

That's what Adams reckons bro. I'll dig out the actual quote today. I was surprised as you when I read it.

Big Poppa likes this.
  9. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Active Member

Well it looks like Luiz is happening then. At least it won't be so bad when we have a back 3. With Saliba coming next year perhaps a stop gap was a better solution than Upamecano. As long as he has the right long term partner. Holding makes me a little nervous in a 2. Not nearly as much as Mustafi though :lol:

10. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I don’t disbelieve you. Adams has said a lot of delusional things though since retirement though so I’m not surprised at all.

11. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Fantastic News. 2 year contract and only 8mil compared to 2 year loan and 30mil for Rugani. I know which deal I'd take.

12. So if we sell Mustafi we can sign Rugani? Luiz and Rugani so great

13. yousif_arsenal

I feel that yeah if we sell mustafi we could get Rugani

14. Arai

Arai Moderator Moderator

£8 million is a good price.

15. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

Swaping Luiz for Kos is shrewd. Dont like his style personaly but given his experience and the fact he isnt made out of glass its a no brainer. He will give us short term stability and more options. His passing and shooting are top notch and his brainfarts cant be worse from Mustafis. Welcome

CarolinaGooner and Iceman10 like this.
  16. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Not bad, not bad.

Was obviously not the plan to get him, but with Kos throwing his toys out the pram, the club had to act fast and get a player in.

Trilly likes this.
  17. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Famous last words :D

18. Camron

What am I looking at :eek:

celestis and yousif_arsenal like this.
  19. Camron

We basically swapped a veteran CB kicking the ball into his own face for a veteran CB kicking Griezmann in his face.

Trilly and Jimmers in the Middle like this.
  20. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I hope its the Luiz one haha, I'd take this deal any day of the week, got him on cheap & a good experienced PL CB for 2 yrs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.