<

David Luiz

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Good and cheap stop gap solution, but I don't rate him that highly to be honest. I don't think he's nearly disciplined enough for a team like Arsenal, but we'll see.

One thing is for sure though, that deal is the best possible outcome, with Kos leaving.

2. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

smart move

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  3. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I think Sokratis just has Greek temperament, but hot nevertheless.

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Just realised this means no Mustafi in match day squads. :drool:

5. macka66

macka66 Active Member

After sleeping on it been a really good off season for us addressed issues in the team and have made some additions in defence. Luiz isn’t the best defender but is a solid addition for this season. Next season we need another CB, RB,CM. I think the fact that we getting rid of the dead wood speaks volumes of how well these last couple of weeks have been.

Iceman10 and Hunta like this.
  6. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Was there any fallout between him and Emery while at PSG ?

I remember when he was sold to PSG for 50M, it seemed shady as ***.
    Why was he sold soon after and brought back to Chelsea ?

Emery had issues with the Brazilian camp there: Thiago Silva, Neymar, Lucas so hopefully we don't see a repeat of that **** with Luiz here. He seems to be an abrasive personality that could cause problems in dressing room.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Not at all. He was sold because psg got very big fee for him

Mark Tobias and albakos like this.
  8. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

They had to sell him because of FFP, he was one of the few player who could get them a decent fee.
    And they also made room for Kimpembe who had his breakthrough season right after Luiz left.

albakos likes this.
  9. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

If we can get this deal done we will have two aggressive CB's who are up for a fight, sure there will be some red cards flowing at times BUT that "soft core" people used to talk about is definitely a thing of the past

Luiz and Sok are both in your face, dirty tactics, physical in the tackle and Luiz can play a bit to, i think given the CB's available this summer this will be a good deal for us, IF we can get it over the line and Chelsea don't screw us late on

10. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka in a season of VAR will make for good watching. :lol:

No ones first choice but given the alternative is Mustafi...If nothing else it adds an excellent passer to the back four.

11. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

WTH is going on. Best.Window.Ever.

Mark Tobias and RacingPhoton like this.
  12. LArs

LArs New Member

Brazilian by nationality AND Portuguese speaker.

13. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

I pray this isn’t a disaster... but at only 8m and a 2 year deal what’s the worst that can happen

14. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

At worst, he gives us cover till Holding is fit and then plays EL alongside Chambers.

15. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

That is interesting indeed. He probably wants to have one trophy to his name that is not purchased with oil.

16. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Here we go!

[​IMG]

Hunta likes this.
  17. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Bumping him down to 5th choice. Oh how beautiful god can be.

Hunta likes this.
  18. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Wow absolutely unreal. Buzzing with this signing ngl. Can't wait to send him death threats on the first mistake he makes.

19. macka66

macka66 Active Member

Sp**s splashing 30 million on someone from Fulham who was shocking last season while we spend the exact amount on a top LB and a talented Brazilian winger. Fair play Raul. You can sit back and relax for the rest of the day. Actually scrap that get rid of Mustafi and then have it.

20. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Another thing to say is that, for two clubs who generally hate each other's guts, Arsenal and Chelsea do a weirdly high amount of business with each other. Of all the big clubs in England I can't think of another pair who've exchanged as many players as these two clubs have. Is it just a coincidence? It's a strange one.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.