• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ospina: On Loan to Napoli

Aevi

Hale End FC
Szczesny is still not good enough. Too much revisionism on this forum. He was average when he was with us and has improved a bit at Roma.
He's looked quite good in the Roma games I've seen, and his top distribution stats makes him a pretty ideal fit for the modern keeper mold. There might be better options on the market, but I wouldn't discount Szczesny. I reckon he has grown a fair bit over there.

Impact

Established Member
He's looked quite good in the Roma games I've seen, and his top distribution stats makes him a pretty ideal fit for the modern keeper mold. There might be better options on the market, but I wouldn't discount Szczesny. I reckon he has grown a fair bit over there.

Watched him in big games and in highlights. He's still largely the same for me. His distribution statistics improving owes more to Roma's good spacing and positioning than to any significant increase in his competency. Think this is a case of absence making the heart fonder.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
One of the - many - things Szczesny needed to improve was his kicking out, not distribution to others, but just hoofing the ball up the field after a back pass It barely got to the half way line with a very low trajectory. Has that improved?

Last edited:

StefanB

Szczesny has been one of the best goalkeepers in Italy this season. Has grown up a lot since we last saw him in Arsenal colours.

He's good. Probably on par with Cech or better.

I'd rather get Bernd Leno though if we were gonna splash the cash. Or if we really wanted a worldbeater I'd get Donnarumma. Scary good for his age.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's not built for the PL, is he? Has a team ever won the league with such a small goalie? Same goes for Mustafi at CB, he's hardly the imposing figure at the back that'll lead you to the title.

Impact

Established Member
Both of them are decent keepers. But Cech's strengths suit the PL and Ospina's strengths don't. Need a new first choice either way.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Solid timing of the injury tonight, sometimes you need to delay the process and it was timed to perfection. 9/10.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Quality keeper. But he could've done better with Sane's goal. Should've committed to the left, Sane was never in a million going anywhere else from there.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Didn't see the first goal. I just went away for a short time, two minutes, and when I came back City already scored. If I didn't go away they probably wouldn't have scored :p
But he had some great saves.

say yes

forum master baiter
He's ****.

Loads of overly dramatic dives masking the fact that he's constantly knocking the ball right back into the danger zone.

Should never have been beaten so easily for City's second.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A weird guy... Gives the impression of having good games but concedes a **** load of goals.

16 in eight Champions League matches
5 in one & a half Premier League matches
o_O:lol:

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom