• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oooooooospina (Oooooooout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Maybe Randolph? He is way better than Randolph and he is better than Adrian too. He is not a regular starter and I agree he is not best suited to the PL yet he is a good performer.

Raldolph or Almunia can't ever be world class whatever day it maybe. Thats just ridiculous. Ospina has had far many top performances in International tournaments, in the PL, in the CL and as recently as the FA cup final with one mistake that turned into a goal due to a deflection.

He is not "not good enough for the Prem", he is unsuited and comes up short in some scenarios. Watford would be lucky to have him. Everton as well.

I'm sure we'll get better offers than this and that he can play at a higher level than for Fener.

Almunia had games where he pulled off 3-4 wonder saves, same as Randolph. It's revisionist history to say otherwise, honestly. It's why Wenger stuck with him for so long. He was a massive liability, but on his best days his reflexes were incredible. Randolph is very similar.

Being "unsuited for the Prem" is a very poor trait if you're going to play in the Prem to be fair :lol:

He's honestly not very good. I follow both Arsenal and West Ham and I feel 100% sure when I say both Adrian and Randolph are better keepers, and neither are of the quality I'd want us to have.

This guy came from the French mid-table and has played like a French mid-table keeper whenever I've seen him. You didn't get him because he was some beast, you got a non-**** backup keeper because he cost £3m.

You paid £3m 3 years ago, he hasn't shown anything more than his Nice form while at Arsenal, and he's now 3 years older. How can you expect more than £3m for him? Especially considering his wages are now higher than what they used to be.

Recouping your cost is the best you're gonna get here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
was expecting him to leave this summer getting 6M from his sale is good enough.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The only good thing about Ospina is his wife. £3m added to the Bap fund, his toe is on the way.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Almunia had games where he pulled off 3-4 wonder saves, same as Randolph. It's revisionist history to say otherwise, honestly. It's why Wenger stuck with him for so long. He was a massive liability, but on his best days his reflexes were incredible. Randolph is very similar.

Being "unsuited for the Prem" is a very poor trait if you're going to play in the Prem to be fair :lol:

He's honestly not very good. I follow both Arsenal and West Ham and I feel 100% sure when I say both Adrian and Randolph are better keepers, and neither are of the quality I'd want us to have.

This guy came from the French mid-table and has played like a French mid-table keeper whenever I've seen him. You didn't get him because he was some beast, you got a non-**** backup keeper because he cost £3m.

You paid £3m 3 years ago, he hasn't shown anything more than his Nice form while at Arsenal, and he's now 3 years older. How can you expect more than £3m for him? Especially considering his wages are now higher than what they used to be.

Recouping your cost is the best you're gonna get here.
I take your points but not a chance Randolph and Adrian are better than Ospina ffs.

We actually got him to compete for a starting spot and he was very highly rated back then. He ended up doing better than Szczesny before the Cech opportunity came up with Szczesny leaving. People forget it but there was no clamor for signing a GK when Ospina was the clear no.1.

He hasn't improved from then but he still hasn't regressed from how good he was which was pretty good for a player not playing regularly.

Its a poor trait to be unsuited but few goalkeepers after the elite are perfect and perfectly suited to excel in their respective leagues yet they do with other upsides. I'm confident he'd start for West Ham, Everton and a number of PL clubs easily.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
idc what you guys say, 3m is a joke. could easily get 5-7m for this guy.

Hed be a solid keeper for mid table sides in the prem imo

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In true Ospina fashion just as he's about to sign he'll go down with cramp clutching his wrist.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
idc what you guys say, 3m is a joke. could easily get 5-7m for this guy.

Hed be a solid keeper for mid table sides in the prem imo
I thought this too but keep in mind he's been pushing to leave since last summer. AW convinced him of one more term. We really didn't hold all the cards in this one. We got him for a good price and sold him for a better one.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I thought this too but keep in mind he's been pushing to leave since last summer. AW convinced him of one more term. We really didn't hold all the cards in this one. We got him for a good price and sold him for a better one.

Isn't it the case that all these players we're looking to get rid of only have one year left on their contracts? Gibbs, Ospina, Szczesny, Wilshere, Debuchy all have contracts that expire in 2018. With that in mind the fees will be lower than expected.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Isn't it the case that all these players we're looking to get rid of only have one year left on their contracts? Gibbs, Ospina, Szczesny, Wilshere, Debuchy all have contracts that expire in 2018. With that in mind the fees will be lower than expected.
Yup, typical really. For a penny pinching club we absolutely suck at pinching the pennies needed from sales.

Mudi

It would be wise to sell him and buy a young GK who can play the cup games and take over from Cech within 2 years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It would be wise to sell him and buy a young GK who can play the cup games and take over from Cech within 2 years.

That isn't wise when we have 4 keepers on our books currently and Ryan Huddart playing well in the youth. I think we'll buy Butland next summer to take over from Cech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom