• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oooooooospina (Oooooooout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

o1o2

Rate Martinez quite highly, though if Ospina's content staying basically as backup that's fine by me

The Escaped Ape

Ospina's going to get plenty of playing time. One of the benefits too of Wenger's purist approach to almost always using the back up keeper for the cup runs.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hope this is true. I like Dave but we need better quality at the end of the day. Hopefully this means we bring in a new number one that can compete with Cech and hopefully bench him. I think Lafont looks interesting

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would Cech be open to a no.2 role now? It’s been three years since he left Chelsea and might feel the time is right.

Either Ospina or Cech are great as a backup and I’d rather keep the latter.

Stannis

Would Cech be open to a no.2 role now? It’s been three years since he left Chelsea and might feel the time is right.

Either Ospina or Cech are great as a backup and I’d rather keep the latter.

you would hope so. The main reason he came to Arsenal was that he didn't want to displace his family. I doubt he would want to to go to a Palace or West Ham

I would actually like to keep Cech as 2, he is one of the few players who doesn't skirt responsibility. It's noticeable that whenever we lose he is often the one one fronting the media.

Hopefully, he accepts something like a 2 or 3 year deal with a small pay cut

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ospina won't stay here another year to be backup he still decent keeper he want to stay starter. Cech will be N.2 for 1-2 years before he retire

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Cech admitted to mistakes this season, must be accepting on a backup role

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Someone should tell Boca we have a younger Argentinian keeper with good size & more talent.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
you would hope so. The main reason he came to Arsenal was that he didn't want to displace his family. I doubt he would want to to go to a Palace or West Ham

I would actually like to keep Cech as 2, he is one of the few players who doesn't skirt responsibility. It's noticeable that whenever we lose he is often the one one fronting the media.

Hopefully, he accepts something like a 2 or 3 year deal with a small pay cut

Cech has always impressed me as someone who might have the makings of a good coach as well. I could envision him serving as a mentor to a younger goalkeeper and then moving into a coaching role at the club in some capacity once he hangs up his gloves. Impresses me as a good guy to keep around.

Ospina needs to play and would be a great pickup for a lot of clubs. Should be no trouble finding him a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom