• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Raya: No Raya Sunshine

freddy_v

Had a shocker. But we not gonna go to Ramsdale. The manager lost trust in him. Raya gets this season and then either get new keeper or he stays. Going back to Ramsdale is like going back to an ex because next relationship didn’t work out

Relationships.
So much for "ruthless meritocracy" I guess.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Midget sh*t? Raya isn't too small, his head was actually up above the Luton player. That was just terrible goalkeeping. The average outfielder who took took the gloves after a red card would have handled that corner better
He is too small. The Mudryk howler is also because he's short. He's dodgy as well but the lack of height compounds the issue. He has less margin for error.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Come the summer we need to think about our keeper options this guy is not the answer. He's just Claudio Bravo with a beard.

Just not not good enough for a top side.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Bloodbather

Established Member

Come the summer we need to think about our keeper options this guy is not the answer. He's just Claudio Bravo with a beard.

Just not not good enough for a top side.
The only keeper that could be obtainable that would move the needle for us is Mike Maignan, imo. Just refused Milan's offer of a new contract. Every big club in need of a keeper will target him though, difficult transfer.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Arteta has stuck with Raya though. There are so many players in the team where a bad or even ok showing just sees you benched.

It’s very weird and inconsistent Arteta’s management, cut throat in some areas and lenient in others.

No point trying to make sense of it without knowing the ins and outs.
Raya is following his instructions in the way Arteta wants to play out i.e. attracting opposition players onto him. He doesn't look 100% comfortable doing it, but he is following instructions. This seems to outweigh the number of errors you make in doing this, or how many keeping errors you make for Arteta.

I think the players Arteta is inconsistent with are the ones who are following his instructions to a tee. Havertz probably another example.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He needs to give all the money he has to Havertz for turning the match back our way, immediately after his errors.

He won't have any money left to give Rice, so just let Declan have your wife and kids mate 👍

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Raya is following his instructions in the way Arteta wants to play out i.e. attracting opposition players onto him. He doesn't look 100% comfortable doing it, but he is following instructions. This seems to outweigh the number of errors you make in doing this, or how many keeping errors you make for Arteta.

I think the players Arteta is inconsistent with are the ones who are following his instructions to a tee. Havertz probably another example.
Today had nothing to do with Arteta's instructions. He let in 2 goals that no 3rd string keeper let alone a number one should be letting in.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not sure we've had one since Seaman

Lehmann had some crazy moments, but from 2003-2008 he was still (mostly) top class for club and country...plus even before he arrived at Arsenal he was a UEFA goalkeeper of the year winner, he had pedigree and is way above someone like Raya in terms of ability.

Would definitely still count him as a top keeper for us.

Thrice

He may come good, but we saw the OG Brendtford Raya tonight.

That season could've been a purple patch.

Hoping we don't make this permanent, damage has been done imo. Need to look elsewhere.
Haven't they already decided to make it permanent? I can swear I saw a tweet recently confirming that. Or was that a false rumor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom