• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ospina was Colombias number 1 and had 6 seasons in Ligue 1 behind him when he signed for us. What kind of keeper do you want as a back up?

Ospina was also a very short and non-physical keeper with a habit of palming back shots quite often.

It's like saying Mustafi is amazing because he's a world cup winner.

I rather not spend any more money than we have to bring in a stop gap until next season. Makes no sense wasting over half the Emi fee here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Of course you do.

I mean you’re making out Brentford fans are some great monolith with the same opinion that he’s incredible which is almost certainly not true.

Bit of a cop out if I’m honest saying “x fans on twitter say he’s great”.

Also most unbiased Championship fans wouldn’t have him near the top of any best keeper list in that division.

Nowhere near the level of Cabral, Samba or Rodak last year. Tier below and they’re probably mid table level keepers at best right now.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is what it all comes down to, his distribution is pretty good. Arteta will want someone who can come in for Leno and be able to play out from the back and be able to pick out free players with his distribution. I saw Ben Foster mentioned, does he guarantee that? No he's more of a traditional keeper. For his faults in terms of coming for crosses and whatever else, his distribution and footwork will be what will be viewed as the most important thing.

This is what it all comes down to, his distribution is pretty good. Arteta will want someone who can come in for Leno and be able to play out from the back and be able to pick out free players with his distribution. I saw Ben Foster mentioned, does he guarantee that? No he's more of a traditional keeper. For his faults in terms of coming for crosses and whatever else, his distribution and footwork will be what will be viewed as the most important thing.

Wait when he jump to catch the ball is that post to be impressive? I have seen OnlyOne jump higher.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah Raya is a better keeper than Foster who’d definitely struggle in a high line team like ours.

Only reason I’d prefer him is that he’d be a lot cheaper than Raya. 10M+ is a lot of money on a back up keeper who struggles with the basics.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
10m for a Championship keeper to come and sit on our bench makes sense to you? Okay mate :(

I mean it’s a lot but I doubt you’d find a keeper much cheaper than that anywhere else. The days of getting someone like Ospina on the cheap are gone.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah Raya is a better keeper than Foster who’d definitely struggle in a high line team like ours.

Only reason I’d prefer him is that he’d be a lot cheaper than Raya. 10M+ is a lot of money on a back up keeper who struggles with the basics.

For whatever reason Arteta and the backroom staff has identified him seemingly for his ability with his feet. Hopefully it won't be more than 10 million. In any case I think we'll all be hoping Leno doesn't get injured.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean it’s a lot but I doubt you’d find a keeper much cheaper than that anywhere else. The days of getting someone like Ospina on the cheap are gone.

Bargains are out there, especially if you’re looking for a keeper for the bench.

Leeds just managed to get Ilan Meslier for 5M and he’s a proper talent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How brentford asking 20m on guy who played all his career at championship? English clubs are thick :lol: but they getting away with it when they sell guy in his mid 20's spent all his time in lower leagues for 30M ffs.

FinnGooner

Established Member
If we are actually going to pay north of £10m for this guy, I’m thinking Arteta wants him as no. 1 long term. Leno as no. 1 for next season and then we sell him to Bayern to replace Neuer

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
How do we know that we are selling Martinez to free up funds for Aouer / Partey?

Isn't it just as plausible that Martinez wants to leave to be number 1 somewhere else and we're just bringing in a replacement back up with a sizeable chunk of the fee we get for Martinez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom