• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here’s a question for you lot. They’re interested in getting an option on Smith-Rowe. Would you loan them Smith-Rowe for a year with a purchase option as a sweetener to get this deal done?

How about just swapping them straight up? :D

Actually, depending on the fee on the purchase option, I'd consider it. But I'd rather they bought him straight up just loaned Emile over there for now. If Upamecano were a more developed player himself -- a bit older and a bit more expensive -- I'd say yes for sure. But he's just 20 and only played in about half as many games this season as Konate. So he'll probably be available for less than £30 million, but probably wouldn't slot right into Arsenal's defense as a regular right away.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's actually around the same range as CIES, which values him at €20-30 million. Interesting, the graph at CIES shows his value dipping somewhat since last August. In any case, a better value than Konate, yet a player with tons of upside (Upamecanoside) in his own right.

Contract until 2021, good to let him know Arsenal is interested. Getting him cheaper much easier, even if not this year.

Why the hell would we let them get our promising talent (who has been here for a long time already) if we don't have to, makes no sense at all. Is Arsenal some poverty club?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Contract until 2021, good to let him know Arsenal is interested. Getting him cheaper much easier, even if not this year.

Why the hell would we let them get our promising talent (who has been here for a long time already) if we don't have to, makes no sense at all. Is Arsenal some poverty club?

Well, that's just it. The fee for Smith Rowe would need to be much higher than his current value and only if it were the only way to push it through. Arsenal seems better positioned with young forward players than defenders.

drippin

Well, that's just it. The fee for Smith Rowe would need to be much higher than his current value and only if it were the only way to push it through. Arsenal seems better positioned with young forward players than defenders.

Yeah. I don't easily see the scenario that ESR will leave. Emery played him already and he was pretty good for his age. He has been here a long time so probably wants to stay also, different to Gnabry.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah. I don't easily see the scenario that ESR will leave. Emery played him already and he was pretty good for his age. He has been here a long time so probably wants to stay also, different to Gnabry.

Well, it was just a hypothetical question. I don't think there's actually been any reports of such a thing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’ll be 40Mish. Young, highly rated, from Leipzig etc.
He might be a bit under, Konate has exelled in his absence and Upamecano is a free agent in two summers. They might want to cash in.

If he rejects a new deal then we might be able to get him for 30-35m

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Any other player value estimation sites?

I don't know of any available to the public besides CIES and Transfermarkt. CIES is the only one I know of that is used by the clubs themselves and actually involves the clubs in their evaluation method. They're connected with OptaPro. But I suppose other stat analysis companies (StatDNA for instance) probably have their own evaluations that just aren't open to the public.

drippin

I don't know of any available to the public besides CIES and Transfermarkt. CIES is the only one I know of that is used by the clubs themselves and actually involves the clubs in their evaluation method. They're connected with OptaPro. But I suppose other stat analysis companies (StatDNA for instance) probably have their own evaluations that just aren't open to the public.

The way people react in this forum suggests people would rather have none. Brilliant! :)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do we need “value estimation sites”? Clubs leak transfer fees anyway, fans and media estimates are not far off as you can compare similar players etc.

I dont care for sites or clubs to try to use some kind of system to value players. I have no problem with that. But it aint built on scientific method.

Top Bottom