• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Don't bother with the heroin. Your body rejects it. Might as well down a bottle of vodka.

Is this lad faster than what we have. I haven't seen much of him but I find him exciting nonetheless.
He is pretty fast, athletic and powerful. Not happening I don't think.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
How so?

If we signed Tierney and a CB this would be the best transfer window in the club’s history.

People want Coutinho just so he can take pot shots from 50 yards out, failing to realise we have a great midfield and attack

Auba
Laca
Pepe
Özil
Iwobi
Nelson
mikhi
Ceballos
Torreira
Guendouzi
Xhaka
Willock

Stacked. No need for Coutinho. Time to get defenders to complete the squad

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
People want Coutinho just so he can take pot shots from 50 yards out, failing to realise we have a great midfield and attack

Auba
Laca
Pepe
Özil
Iwobi
Nelson
mikhi
Ceballos
Torreira
Guendouzi
Xhaka
Willock

Stacked. No need for Coutinho. Time to get defenders to complete the squad

Man City had Sterling, Jesus, Sane and the Silva's and still bought Mahrez. Liverpool had Mane, Salah, Ox and Lallana yet still bought Shaquiri and tried to buy Fekir.

Coutinho improves us, I'd you can get him, you get him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I would really want Upamecano, but a bid of €70m+ (either with cash or including ESR permanently) seems mad. I'd rather buy Dias for the reported release clause of €66m then, don't want to lose ESR.

Tah shouldn't be much more than €40m either, right? Or Kimpembe on loan would be a good option.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we really going strong on Rugani that's probably mean we leaving Upamecano deal until next summer when he'll be cheaper easier to get

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We won’t be going back for him if we sign Rugani.

Saliba, Sokratis, Rugani, Holding, Chambers, Mavropanos.

That’s why an obligation to buy would be a massive mistake, if he flops you’re stuck with him and can’t replace unless you neglect other areas.

Gunner-Union

If we get Rugani now and saliba next year don’t think we will go for dayet again so forget rugani and get him now or preferably Dias

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

That’s why and obligation to buy would be a massive mistake, if he flops you’re stuck with him and can’t replace unless you neglect other areas.

Mustafi will likely be gone by then. Mavropanos looks completely out of favour and Sokratis will be going into the last year of his contract at 32 years old. Chambers likely doesn't have a future here either after this season.

Saliba, Rugani, Holding, Upamecano, Mavropanos/Chambers.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think easier because we'll have more money time to negotiate
Yeah, but more clubs will be interested especially if he has a good season. Chelsea ban lifted for example. A club like PSG might have a sniff.

Of course all depends on our season. Do we make CL and become a force to be reckoned with? Right now don't fancy our chances vs other teams.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

That’s why an obligation to buy would be a massive mistake, if he flops you’re stuck with him and can’t replace unless you neglect other areas.
Could definitely look for another Saliba like deal imo. Selling Chambers and Mavro(+Mustafi) means we are going to need another CB next summer even if sign Rugani.

Lets say for the sake of balance, Sokratis, Rugani and Holding would be the experienced trio while Saliba and new addition develop into their roles. That'd be a good roster of CB options.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
WE need a cb. You sweeten Juve by paying a decent loan fee and having an option to buy. Between Sokratis, Rugani, Chambers, Holding and Salibah, surely we can form a decent partnership.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Yepp, Rugani now means Upamecano off for good.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't want Rugani with obligation to buy. Upamecano is exactly the type of CB we need long term, we should go all out for him even if it means losing ESR.

Top Bottom