Dayot Upamecano

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevi, Dec 9, 2016.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

40M according to transfermarket.

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Wouldn’t he cost like 100M though? Lad’s a certified baller whenever I’ve seen PSG play.

3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

I meant it as the leader type figure that Silva is.

Tite needs to replace Thiago soon, as he won't likely feature in the next world cup, but his job was low key on the line if he didn't win the Copa America.

4. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

You can double that at least for Worrall. Have watched Forest a few times over the last 18 months and don't think he's good enough. Having a good season next to Dawson though.

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Would be great if we able to do that doubt he'll leave now

Gooner416, field442 and UpTheGunnerz like this.
  6. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Yeah there’s absolutely no need for Leipzig to sell him now midway through the season. They’ll get that much for him in the summer even if he only has one year left in his contract.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Poor source.

8. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Raul gonna overpay for someone once again. Saliba partnership with this guy is probably the plan, will be great in 10 years.

9. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

On the flip side, this is a long project with Arteta. If we can get him now in what remains a trainwreck of a season, get him in to gain as much PL experience as possible. I guess.

field442 likes this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think we'll wait until summer for this there no indication he signing new contract so if we can get him between 30_40M would be great deal

11. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

He’d be crazy to leave Leipzig now. Top of the league and still in the CL with a good chance to reach the next round. He’ll definitely wait until summer to make the move

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  12. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

John Cross kiss of death.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Linked to other clubs btw. You feel next summer could be an auction, so a sneaky January attempt even if we have to pay extra, might be an option,

14. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

In summer it’s impossible we get him, so many clubs with CL will go for him. It’s January or never

15. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Adapting to the PL has never been harder. At the same time signing players from within the league seems impossible.

We really need to do good business, and probably write off next season as well if we're going to sign guys like Upamecano.

16. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Seen a few weak rumours of City sniffing about with a potential bid for Upamecano, so if we really view him as our main CB target January might be our best and only chance at him.
    Although with RB top of the Bundesliga and still in the Champions league it'll be incredibly difficult to see him leave mid-season.

17. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Never then, why would he move from team top of Bundesliga in champions league to AFC?

18. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Upa is already the starting center-back of a team that topped its UCL group and currently are the league leaders in Bundesliga. Not like he's some project purchase. Saliba is younger and rawer, but that's where you rely on your rotational players.

Center-backs don't take as much time to hit prime-level football anymore. Ajax was minutes away from reaching the UCL Final with a 19-year old center-back as the anchor of their defense. I watched a partnership of 23-year old Çağlar Söyüncü and 21-year old Merih Demiral completely shut down a French national team with Griezmann, Mbappé and Pogba all playing with my very own eyes.

Not saying experience doesn't help, but it's not accurate to look at a potential Saliba-Upamecano partnership as something for the distant future.

tap-in and truth_hurts like this.
  19. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Don't think RB will let him go.
    They're top of Bundesliga are not in a hurry to sell. Plus Upamecano is probably not willing to risk his form/place for Euro 2020 by changing clubs in midseason.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  20. Sydney-Gooner

Sydney-Gooner Well-Known Member

Do one of them pay now get him at the end of the season type deal like Chelsea did for Pulisic last season.

truth_hurts likes this.