• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Bild say in the report it was rejected straight away, key to Naglesmann’s 3 at the back formation.

I mean I understand the thinking but they could do a lot with €60m. They’re not the sort of club that turns down massive offers.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This might depend on the player, if he asks to leave I think they’ll let him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He only has two years left on his current deal. It wont take the 100m release clause but its likely to take close to what Maguire cost United.

He's worth it due to the longevity you can get out of him and the outrageous upside. Not sure we'll go that far though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Shocking when a german club not bayern rejecting 60m euros. I take it they dont need the money.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the CB market is very crazy now even Lewis Dunk will cost 50M ffs. we have no overpay

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Insane risk & upside if we land all Saliba, Upamecano & Tierney.

One 16 games into pro career, one off a major knee injury playing 15 games last season & another injured kid from the SPL.

Either going to get Raul a throne or the sack.

I said it yesterday but this is the reason why Tierney is on the backburner. If we can get Upe for a big price then we'll do it and forgo Tierney maybe until next summer.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ridiculous numbers being thrown around, Nathan Ake has been quoted at 75M.

The PL have to do something ffs.

Iceman10

Established Member
When you get up to £55m that is almost at the buyout for Ruben Dias, although maybe we put in a bid with installments to Leipzig.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
No guts, no glory. I always liked that Arsenal's transfer business wasn't like the Manchester clubs (just throwing obscene money towards high profile names), so I don't know how I'd feel about this. Would obviously like Upamecano though. Think €60m is more than Dias' release clause though, isn't it? Would be the easier option.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
He only has two years left on his current deal. It wont take the 100m release clause but its likely to take close to what Maguire cost United.

He's worth it due to the longevity you can get out of him and the outrageous upside. Not sure we'll go that far though.
Is he really? I admit I have only seen him play a couple of times. Think he is solid but not spectacular.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

One 16 games into pro career, one off a major knee injury playing 15 games last season & another injured kid from the SPL.

Go for KONATE, if we have so much money !! Pleeease - my dream.

Obviously would love Upamecano too though, but like you said..

ChefMan21

I like in the report how it says we're after a Bundesliga defender at that price, as though Bundesliga defenders are all fantastic. So ambiguous that I feel we should chuck that money at:

Tah
Stark
Sule
Konate
Alaba (actually, yes, let's do that. Alaba > Tierney)

Wonder which would stick?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can someone tell me about Upemecano and Konate?

I understand one of them is a physical beast but the one who’s a bit less imposing is the better one?

One of them was injured and the other one (Konate I think) filled in well and is now more highly rated?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

As in it’s unfair to punish him if some flop, what more can the man do. He’s trying to bring in the most talented players possible. Once he does that it’s up to the coaching staff and players.

But yeh maybe both KT + Dayot would be quite risky given their last season

Top Bottom