• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Liverpool signed Gomez the same summer we signed zero outfield players, just to make us all feel worse :facepalm:

Just glad we have Saliba arriving next season, don't know what I would have done if Sp**s signed him instead of us.

progman07

Established Member
The player has a decision to make. Virtually guaranteed playing time or bench warming in Spain. If we match the price, we're not out of this race. Throw in Mustafi for free as well as Medley on loan if we have to. If he lives up to his hype, with Saliba, this will be the best CB partnership we've had since Campbell/Toure.
Fans who hype them have never actually seen them player - or maybe once or twice at best. Or if people do watch them, then they must have a huge amount of time for lower leagues.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Fans who hype them have never actually seen them player - or maybe once or twice at best. Or if people do watch them, then they must have a huge amount of time for lower leagues.
Fair point. Plenty of players I've never heard of that I'll go out of my way to watch once were remotely linked. Upa is good but is he right for us?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Bit unfair to call Bundesliga a "lower league". RB Leipzig also play in the Champions League. Not really that difficult to catch Upamecano in action. Fair point when it comes to Saliba, though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've missed the boat on this. Not devastated though as I think that systems are more important than individuals. Plenty of good defenders out there.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The few times i watched Leipzig the last couple of seasons i always thought Konate looked better. But as it is just a few matches, i cant really draw any conclusions. We need a young CB, but older than Saliba, thats for sure. Ship out Sokratis to the middle east or MLS and try to get a decent fee for Mustafi, would be my play here. D. Luiz (C), Saliba, Chambers, Holding and a new one will do.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This guy is wanted by every top team, however, I don't rule us out.

Goonger

This guy is wanted by every top team, however, I don't rule us out.

I do think we have a chance, if we can get the funds. He might see Barca / Bayern too big a step at this stage, we've obviously been tracking him / in his ear for a long time, we have an obvious slot for him to come in & play right away, we have the persuasive power of Guendouzi, he'll know all about the talent of Saliba, we have senior French speaking players currently in Aubameyang, Lacazette, & we have an aura for French players because of Wenger, Henry, Vieira etc.

The main issue for me will be the funds we have.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Take VVD and Alisson out of Klopps system and I bet they'd be leaky. Those two were the difference.

You aren't wrong, but these two are arguably the best in their position in the world. If you were to take Busquets and Messi out of Barcelona's system it would still function but not as well.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Considering we are after a younger core group of cb's now I think, he is one of the first guys I'd look at signing, I certainly wouldn't say no, I'd be pretty happy if we got him. Considering Barca & Bayern are after him aswell obviously that shows his potential.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Take VVD and Alisson out of Klopps system and I bet they'd be leaky. Those two were the difference.

I think way too much credit is given to those 2 players, despite them being 2 of the best players in their position in the World. I would argue that TAA and Gomez have been just as important to Liverpools defence, TAA is probably one of the best right backs in the World already at 20 years old and most of my mates who are Liverpool fans say that Gomez has been better than VVD this season. An honourable mention to Robertson and the unexciting yet tireless midfield in front of them too, all of which are head and shoulders above our midfield yet most Arsenal fans think they are rubbish!

I don't think you can pinpoint one or two players or even the manager at Liverpool, absolutely EVERYTHING they have done in the last 3-4 years has fallen into place, selling, buying, youth academy, coaching etc.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom