• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know to be perfectly honest, I don't get much time to watch lots of football anymore. I do know that every player we have been linked to doesn't meet my criteria in one way or another.

My dream probably would be Umtiti, it's really risky because of his injuries but he ticks all the boxes to mentor Saliba, 26, left footed, French, decent experience and undeniably World class when fit.

Elvedi is a great shout, I will have to get on YouTube and investigate hime further.

Edit - I just watched a YouTube video of Elvedi, 7 1/2 minutes and not one single last ditch sliding tackle which is a great sign. As well as not going to ground he looks very focused and composed too, I'm impressed.

The dream would be if Barca decided to let Umtiti go relatively cheaply and he comes here, gets back to his best and puts his injury problems behind him. But how likely is that to happen? Not very, probably.

Gunners1616

I have nothing against Premiership players at all but they just cost too much. Dunk is being quoted at £40m+ for a 28 year old who has big question marks over his pace which is essential for a bigger team playing a higher line. Aarons is a good little player but again looking at £20m+ for an 18 year old with 25 Premiership appearances. There is no value for money in the Premiership these days.
That's true. Obviously nobody will be paying these prices for them especially if their team goes down. I also forgot the premium for being international so i guess now Brighton will be asking for 50M for Dunk since he played for England.

So indeed its a better deal to buy a young player at 50M rather than Dunk.

Either way i just hope the priority will be the DM (even if we have to use the whole budget). With a guy like Partey i think we can get away with the defensive pair of Saliba - Chambers or Saliba - Holding or even Saliba - Mari, whichever works best.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The dream would be if Barca decided to let Umtiti go relatively cheaply and he comes here, gets back to his best and puts his injury problems behind him. But how likely is that to happen? Not very, probably.

It does all seem pretty unlikely. You never quite know what Barcelona are going to do though, their transfer policy is just bizarre. If we could get him on loan with an option to buy for example it would be the perfect low risk, high reward signing to make.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It does all seem pretty unlikely. You never quite know what Barcelona are going to do though, their transfer policy is just bizarre. If we could get him on loan with an option to buy for example it would be the perfect low risk, high reward signing to make.

True, or perhaps a swap with Auba. It's still high risk though, just cos his injuries could continue here and then he's no use to us at all, plus he'd be on big wages. He's had 8 separate injuries and missed 59 games since he arrived at Barca.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Leipzig Express are saying he’s asked for a move to Arsenal, trouble is that the London side are only offering half his worth. Leipzig want 50m euros whilst the current offer only just reaches 25m with bonuses.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His clause end in 2 days so it's interesting what will happen after because he not signing new contract

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How legit was the bid last year? Reportedly we bid 70M, which seems incredibly overpriced, so any chance of getting him for less surely we'd go for him again.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leipzig must be kicking themselves for not accepting 60-70m they were offered last summer

GDeep™

League is very weak
People keep talking about Arsenal bidding 60M, but his release clause is lower?

Obviously we didn’t bid.

Top Bottom