• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Other thread is locked...

Probably the perfect partner for Gabriel, we've wanted him for a very long time. I personally think Chelsea would go for him and most likely get him. Has a fairly low release clause as well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think we are selling Saliba in the summer, allowing Arteta to sign who HE wants. Not sure he wants to develop a 19 year old.

We’ll get what we paid for Saliba, his profile/reputation is in good standing.
Would be a massive shame.

I hope that's not the case but you could see that happening.

LG10

Saliba is a much better talent than saliba, surprised most haven’t figured out he’s a fraud yet

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would be a massive shame.

I hope that's not the case but you could see that happening.
Can you do much with a 19/20 year old CB though? Next season he’ll have to be a squaddy who you develop, take him in and out of the team etc. Arteta probably rather have another 23 year old like Gabriel.

Goonger

Can you do much with a 19/20 year old CB though? Next season he’ll have to be a squaddy who you develop, take him in and out of the team etc. Arteta probably rather have another 23 year old like Gabriel.

Could you see a set of 4 like Gabriel, Upamecano first choice, with Mari & Saliba reserve? Luiz, Sokratis, Mustafi let go, Holding, Chambers & Mavropanos sold?

Don't think it's likely anyway. Honigstein version is that Bayern favourites, Utd have cooled interest. Could see Chelsea becoming involved as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah because we desperately in need for another CB to add to 8 CB we got already.

Only hope is that we’re selling a load of them in January. Maybe Calum, Mustafi, Sokratis are all gone with Saliba on loan as well.

Obviously David Luiz is off in the summer as well. I obviously wouldn’t complain if it’s Upamecano. Him and Gabriel would be your CB partnership for a decade.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only hope is that we’re selling a load of them in January. Maybe Calum, Mustafi, Sokratis are all gone with Saliba on loan as well.

Obviously David Luiz is off in the summer as well. I obviously wouldn’t complain if it’s Upamecano. Him and Gabriel would be your CB partnership for a decade.
i think only Sokratis and Saliba will be gone in January Mustafi won't move and he'll wait to sign pre-contract with someone else similar to Luiz i think also Upamecano won't leave until next summer. this January we desperately need to improve this midfield area.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Could you see a set of 4 like Gabriel, Upamecano first choice, with Mari & Saliba reserve?
Nah. Saliba has to play to develop, he won’t be happy to sit on the bench anyway. I can see Gabriel/New guy backed by Holding/Mari.

The new guy will be funded by a Saliba sale.

PressResistance

Watched him against my NT in the Nations League.

Never have I seen such a hyped up prospect be so bad at football. He's bad positionally, he's bad technically, he's prone to blunders and for someone who plays at a CL club, he looks like he mentally doesn't have all round concentration as well as sometimes the want to. He's an athlete playing a sport he can make money in, would rather probably all CBs at Leipzig than him when you count in the injuries.

Top Bottom