• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Upamecano is brain dead, fantastic physically and on the ball but not a natural defender. Saliba is while possessing the gifts upa has. Not quite as good on the ball as him but still more than good enough.
He's only 22 ffs, sure he makes mistakes as any 22 year old defender playing top flight would. He's class and has as you mentioned worldly physical attributes - he's tall, strong and quick. He has the nod over Saliba strictly due to the shear amount of experience he has at his level at his age. Don't get me wrong, big Saliba fan over here. I would not be a fan of selling him. Is it too optimistic to wish for both Saliba & Upamecano on the right with Gabriel & Mari on the left?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is for the summer by the way... where we will be losing 3 CB's who are out of contract and will look to most likely sell Holding/Chambers.

LG10

He's only 22 ffs, sure he makes mistakes as any 22 year old defender playing top flight would. He's class and has as you mentioned worldly physical attributes - he's tall, strong and quick. He has the nod over Saliba strictly due to the shear amount of experience he has at his level at his age. Don't get me wrong, big Saliba fan over here. I would not be a fan of selling him. Is it too optimistic to wish for both Saliba & Upamecano on the right with Gabriel & Mari on the left?
Saliba and Gabriel’s should be our cb partnership for the next ten years. Add upa to the mix and you’ve got too many young cb’s.

akhil

Lol we're not getting this guy. Why in the world would he come here? When half of the elite clubs in Europe are looking for CBs.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Watched him against my NT in the Nations League.

Never have I seen such a hyped up prospect be so bad at football. He's bad positionally, he's bad technically, he's prone to blunders and for someone who plays at a CL club, he looks like he mentally doesn't have all round concentration as well as sometimes the want to. He's an athlete playing a sport he can make money in, would rather probably all CBs at Leipzig than him when you count in the injuries.
Been saying this for ages. Don’t get the hype. People see a name linked with a big fee, watch some YouTube comps then go crazy about them.

Top Bottom