• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm curious to know why we aren't in for Zagadou? He's probably much cheaper & already down the pecking order with Hummels' triumphant return to Dortmund.

Add to that we wouldn't have to sacrifice any of our youth players.

LG10

That’s key though. He’s still a prospect. Do you gamble on him taking the next step and turn down a deal for a talent in an area we’re very weak in? He’s the best of his age group but plenty don’t make the step up.
Upamecano is just a prospect too ffs, he’s 20. Do people actually think he could come in and transform our clown show of a defense right away? He’s nowhere near the finished product.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm curious to know why we aren't in for Zagadou? He's probably much cheaper & already down the pecking order with Hummels' triumphant return to Dortmund.

Having watched Zagadou quite a bit, I wonder about his level of concentration. Might be a youth related thing, great on one one ones, but he seems to lose focus.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Upamecano is just a prospect too ffs, he’s 20. Do people actually think he could come in and transform our clown show of a defense right away? He’s nowhere near the finished product.

It doesn't matter, he's already 10x better than anything we have. His physical presence and athleticism is streets ahead of anything in this league. The raw pace of the man alone would instantly improve our defence 10 fold, wouldn't get caught as much anymore and have an actual left sided CB.

DOUBLE-YOU

Agree. He will need time to adapt to team mates and the league.
Even if we are to buy him, he will be under so much unnecessary pressure. Defending is a team thing and one (inexperienced) player won't make us impenetrable overnight

Highgate

Because upamecano is twice the player. Upamecano is the best young french defender,Better than konate, saliba,zagadou. I think he's the best young defender in Europe. I'd sign him ahead of delight if I had to choose.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I know girls only dig guys with Trusted Status on an intertnet forum.

giphy.gif

DOUBLE-YOU

Because upamecano is twice the player. Upamecano is the best young french defender,Better than konate, saliba,zagadou. I think he's the best young defender in Europe. I'd sign him ahead of delight if I had to choose.

is that your opinion or commonly felt amongst coaches?

ThlRama

Player:Saka
We can't keep all our attacking youth projects AND invest in the squad in our areas of weakness for the short term. But is really Upamecano that good? The quoted price seems absurd.

DOUBLE-YOU

2 year loan feels long, but if coutinho is coming too, it may be the best.
Naglesmann will develop ESR. good coach

Top Bottom