• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day: January 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney-Gooner

Southampton adding Kamaldeen Sulemana and Paul Onuachu for a combined fee of around €42M is pretty shrewd I think.

Definitely worth a relatively cheap punt on Sulemana, and Onuachu deserved a big move. Goal every 74' this season (16goals in 19games) and 2.1m tall so will fit into a team with some wing play.

Add that to their other business with Bazunu, Lavia, Alcaraz, Mara and so on they're building a really interesting team.

I've no clue if Nathan Jones is a good coach or not but certainly an interesting squad.

I kept seeing this so I had to look it up for myself to see if it's true and he's listed as 2.01m tall. Same height as Crouch. Why does everyone keep saying this Onuachu fella is 7ft tall?

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I kept seeing this so I had to look it up for myself to see if it's true and he's listed as 2.01m tall. Same height as Crouch. Why does everyone keep saying this Onuachu fella is 7ft tall?

The imperial units are a bit funky, but I think people are just exaggerating when calling him a 7 footer, and not because they believe he is 7 foot. He's huge regardless.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The imperial units are a bit funky, but I think people are just exaggerating when calling him a 7 footer, and not because they believe he is 7 foot. He's huge regardless.
I think he means that you wrote 2.1m (=2.10m) instead of 2.01m, 7ft is roughly 2.13m I think.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I think he means that you wrote 2.1m (=2.10m) instead of 2.01m, 7ft is roughly 2.13m I think.
Ohhhh.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This can’t surely be true? Some expert said on radio fifa will bring 5 year contract in the summer. As in only 5 years will count in the accounting even if you give the player 10 year contract

But this will come in 1st of July. So he said don’t be surprised if certain club makes their signings before 1st of July

Legend14

Established Member
This can’t surely be true? Some expert said on radio fifa will bring 5 year contract in the summer. As in only 5 years will count in the accounting even if you give the player 10 year contract

But this will come in 1st of July. So he said don’t be surprised if certain club makes their signings before 1st of July

Would like for this to be retroactive. Forcing Chelsea to be in violation straight away, limiting what they can do until they are under the limits.

If not, then Arsenal would be wise to take advantage of the long contracts as well and should have done so with Mudryk if that was an open loophole.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Need Ziyech to kick up a fuss and poison the rentboy dressing room. Chelsea obviously ****ed him over but also PSG who let Sarabia go and have no backup to Messi now, hope this motivates them to raid Chelsea for their top talent next summer.

Boehly really came into that club and made the entire football world his enemy within six months :lol: this is the guy who after coming in presented Tuchel the 4-4-3 formation he wants to see start so I shouldn't be surprised but still how do you **** up the paperwork *three* times???
Not the first time the Americans have arrogantly gone in to a new country and ruin relationships with all their new neighbours.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
They can basically sell Broja (40k) and Gallagher (50k) to Premier League and top-5 teams in the European big leagues. Players like Ziyech (100k), Bakayoko (100k), Sarr (120k), Hudson-Odoi (120k), Lukaku (320k), Auba (160k), Pulisic (150k), Loftus-Cheek (120K), Chukwuemeka (120k), Azpi (180k) would have to take a massive wage cut to get out of the club unless a club like Bayern, Real, PSG, Barca comes along which is doubtful for those players for the most part.

It's actually insane if you combine the wages per position what they are paying their players. For instance at LB Cucurella and Chillwell earn a combined 365k/week, James and Azpilicueta at 430k, etc.
Maybe Bohley is really a Abramhovic agent and there to bankrupt the club from within. Nothing Chelsea are doing is making any sense.

At this rate they're going to have to sack whole departments to save costs. 10 people in social media and marketing will be replaced by abua working a 9-5.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The wages is what’s not getting talked about in the media. How much is their annual wage bill right now? It must be insane.

It's going to be a very interesting summer for Chelsea that's for sure. When you have Bournemouth outbidding Milan for Zaniolo, what European club is going to pay these wages? Chelsea are for sure going to have to agree to pay certain % of players wages just to get them off the the roster.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Financially, the Premier League is becoming the Super League.

I saw an interesting thread on Twitter that criticised two things, the financial dominance of the PL, but also the hegemony within European leagues.

PSG win league un most times, Juve won 9 in a row, Bayern 10 in a row.

These leagues need to be stronger against the PL, but the way for that to happen is to also have more competition within the leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom