• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day: January 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
I saw an interesting thread on Twitter that criticised two things, the financial dominance of the PL, but also the hegemony within European leagues.

PSG win league un most times, Juve won 9 in a row, Bayern 10 in a row.

These leagues need to be stronger against the PL, but the way for that to happen is to also have more competition within the leagues.
See American sports for potential answers. All of our major sports are competitive. Its very difficult to win the championship back to back, because money has less to do with it.

Football
Baseball
Basketball
Hockey

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

I feel sorry for him, Chelsea screwed him so badly

woody-harrelson-crying.gif

Reactions: A_G

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
See American sports for potential answers. All of our major sports are competitive. Its very difficult to win the championship back to back, because money has less to do with it.

Football
Baseball
Basketball
Hockey

I'm a big fan of the American model and regularly watch the NBA, but that entire system is build around the leagues being privately owned by the team owners, the lack of relegation and the closed nature of it.

As ****ty as it sounds, the closest we'll ever get to football replicating that system is a European Super League comprised of the 30 or so best/biggest teams in Europe, but that would take the complete obliteration of football as we know it now to actually happen. I honestly think football from a pure competitive and viewing enjoyment perspective would be a lot better with a super league, but as a West Ham fan it'd also mean having to accept my club literally going under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom