• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

December's Player of the Month

Who was our best player in December?

• Jens Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolo Toure

• Sol Campbell

• Pascal Cygan

• Ashley Cole

• Freddie Ljungberg

• Robert Pires

• Patrick Vieira

• Gilberto

• Thierry Henry

• Dennis Bergkamp

• Other- One of our super subs maybe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Looking back to December

Premiership: Leicester 1-1 draw, 1-0 win over Blackburn, 1-1 draw with Bolton, 3-0 win over Wolves and a 1-0 win over Soton.

Top Scorers of December:
Henry 2
Pires 2
Bergkamp 1
Gilberto 1
OG 1

Facts:
In both the draws (in December) a goal was conceded in the last 10mins of the game
Thierry Henry missed his first game of the season due to injury
One of our players was shown a red card
Still unbeaten in Premiership

Champions League: Only one game was played, this was our final game of the Group Stage. We completed an amazing comeback beating Loko 2-0 therefore progessing to the final 16 with fellow Premiership challengers Man u and Chelsea.

Top Scorers in December:
Ljungberg 1
Pires 1

Facts:
One of our players was shown a yellow card
We drew Celta Vigo in the Knock Out stage
We topped Group B

There are a few facts from December 2003 to help you decide who your Player of the Month was.

Make sure you vote and leave a comment

Thanks to everyone who has voted in my POTM and MOTM polls throughout 2003 and i hope you continue to in 2004.

Happy New Year everyone

tg signing off :)

goonerdownunder

just like i did yesterday im voting for henry before this was lost along with 42 of my posts :cry: :cry: , ive got a lot longer to wait to get junior gooner instead of trainee now :( , anyway yes im voting for titi because he has scored a few and set some goals up and from what ive heard and read and the one game i got to watch this month (southampton) he has been playing well

thanx again for doing all the polls tg

SydneyGunnerFan

i say jens lehmann he has been there keeping us in the close games we have had during the month has alot of heart and i think he earns it this month

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Whats going on? Why has hardly anyone voted this month?

Normally the thread has three pages and more than 40 voters :(

SydneyGunnerFan

know one is posting for lehmann come on you know he was the one that kept us in most of the games this season and was always trying to keep a clean sheet

JazzG

Established Member
Probably Toure, consistantly brilliant for us :)

thierrys_girl said:
Whats going on? Why has hardly anyone voted this month?

Normally the thread has three pages and more than 40 voters :(

I just saw the thread now, due to this forum having so many stickies I think some people haven't seen it. Probably better to make it non-sticky.....

Lukazan

Established Member
Pires or Toure.

Pires has been important, scoring goals when no one else has, but I think Toure has just edged it. He has been as solid as a rock for us so far.

Mark

Established Member
Pires really looking like he's finding his top form again. He just gets it ahead of kolo and titi for me.

jc8gooner

It could be any one of Toure, Cygan, Pires or Henry, but I think I'm going to have to go for Pires on this occasion. He has definitely helped to ease the goalscoring burden on Thierry, yet, strangely, most of his goals were set up by Thierry! Kolo has filled in brilliantly at RB, while Thierry has found his goalscoring touch again and set up several goals. Cygan has come in at CB and done an excellent job, helping to catapult the arsenal into the enviable position of having the best defensive record in the league.

Ladygooner

Pires 4 me, closely followed by Henry

Bobby scored against Lokomotiv, Bolton, & Southampton, where I think Sky gave him MOTM. :angel

I was at the Lokomotiv game and I thought the 1st 20 minutes he played, he was awesome, back 2 his best.

It's always difficult 2 leave Thierry out of the equation though - he is just playing OFF THIS PLANET at the moment! 8)

I remember someone asking me years ago, just after WC 1998, which player in the France squad would I most like 2 have at Arsenal.....and I said Henry - boy was I pleased when we finally managed 2 buy him. Arsenal should never sell him - NEVER!!!

bencey

yeh gotta go for pires as he has been really consistant with his form although i must say cygan has also had a brilliant month

Latest posts+

Top Bottom