• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Fights kicking off in our DM's thread again, ffs.

If this was peak Gilberto's thread, he would have seen the fights coming and put out any fires before they started and we would all be the best of friends...all while just winning the Premier League and World Cup along the way.

While Rice Rice Baby (🤢) is out here running around like a headless chicken doing nothing, being a terrible actor in terrible adverts smh.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Moyes co-signing Rice’s best position is in the 6. Haven’t seen the full interview, so he probably said a few other things.

Even Rice himself sees himself as a 6.

Rice was fine as a 6 last season despite being in there on his own for a lot of the first half of the season, with Ødegaard pushed right up and Kai masquerading as a midfielder.

Get another proper midfielder in there with him and he’ll excel in that role.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Get another proper midfielder in there with him and he’ll excel in that role.

This. It’s pointless signing another 6 imo when we already have Jorginho who is more than capable of stepping to cover in the role if needed.

What we need more is someone to link the play on the left, have a bit more authority by wanting/asking for the ball and taking some of the creative burden off Ødegaard - sounds exactly like Bambi at Bayern 😅 then Rice can just flourish in his role of cutting off any counter attacks and limiting chances of the opposition going 1 vs 1 with Saliba or Gabriel. He was actually doing that tbf even when he had to play with Jorginho last season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our midfield is on the brink of greatness imo.

Youve got Kai dropping in as a false 9, Ødegaard in the right channel, Rice dominating in front of the back 4. We are just missing that guy to knit those three players together.

Style wise, we’ve got our Benzema, Modric and Casemiro. We know need a Kroos style player.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

McClean to Rice, if Declan played in green rather than white...

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
It's harsh but he made good points. More England fans/pundits are voicing Rices limitations
McClean is Irish. Like @Riou said, McClean would be sucking Rice off if he was playing for Ireland.

You got a link to any actual English pundits talking about Rice’s limitations then?

You’re entitled to your opinion but you’ve been going on about Rice being ‘limited’ for the past 12 months.

Gunner D

He sounds like a small section of Arsenal-Mania tbf. I've said it before, but I'd be very shocked if he was rated the same outside of England.
What other defensive mids across Europe would you take over him? Besides Rodri of course

Macho

Pan-Africanism Enthusiast.
Dusted 🔻

What other defensive mids across Europe would you take over him? Besides Rodri of course

I only watch prem atm and I wouldn't pick anyone over him personally. Could say the same for Saka who has very similar debates (they are essentially world class purely off the basis that you'd struggle to name better.)

I think you can be an elite player but still overrated by particular sections/groups of football fandom which is where I am at with both. Overrated isn't the slight that many think it is.

Gunner D

I only watch prem atm and I wouldn't pick anyone over him personally. Could say the same for Saka who has very similar debates (they are essentially world class purely off the basis that you'd struggle to name better.)

I think you can be an elite player but still overrated by particular sections/groups of football fandom which is where I am at with both. Overrated doesn't mean bad.
People need to accept that this is where we are with football now.. lack of world class players across the board.

Saka and Rice are elite players, but because they are playing in such a poor era, they’re looked at world class.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom