• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking In Midfield

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I gotta admit, he's justified the hype up to now for me. He is a huge force. Hopefully he'll become as influential for us as Gerrard was for Pool. He is having that impact so far

I thought he was a Scott Parker before he signed, but am happy to say I was so wrong !

GoonerJay24

Very overrated by fans and the media. I like him; great defensive player and love his character. But his contribution is insufficient for a possession dominant side.

Would be a monstrous defensive midfielder for coaches like Conte or Mourinho. For a possession side, he's not influencing games and is partly why the football hasn't been free flowing like last season I feel.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
His limitations on the ball was so obvious today. Managed one through ball and he took too long.

You again :lol:

No, wrong again.

Rice received his FIRST yellow card of the season for a tackle made when he lost the ball. This after countless carries and ball possession over 16 games this season.

Do you understand the technical level required to be so secure on the ball?

Please stop talking rubbish Rasmi.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You again :lol:

No, wrong again.

Rice received his FIRST yellow card of the season for a tackle made when he lost the ball. This after countless carries and ball possession over 16 games this season.

Do you understand the technical level required to be so secure on the ball?

Please stop talking rubbish Rasmi.
Did he create anything with his passing?

SA Gunner

Yes it’s his job. He is a midfielder

No, that's not his chief job.

Get it right.

He can play the role of creator in our midfield, but his job is to screen the defence and keep possession in central areas. He does that to a very high degree.

Anything else I can help you with?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No, that's not his chief job.

Get it right.

He can play the role of creator in our midfield, but his job is to screen the defence and keep possession in central areas. He does that to a very high degree.

Anything else I can help you with?
Didn’t say he has to play the role of the creator. But he can hit one creative pass. To say you never expect one of your midfielders to create something with passing is crazy

SA Gunner

Didn’t say he has to play the role of the creator. But he can hit one creative pass. To say you never expect one of your midfielders to create something with passing is crazy

Who said that?

GoonerJay24

You don't expect Rice to be the chief creator. However, he should be that first-phase player from midfield with effective passing, turning, and positioning.

I still think Rice contributes many things to the team, but clearly, he isn't in the same class as other deep-lying midfielders from possession-based teams.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You don't expect Rice to be the chief creator. However, he should be that first-phase player from midfield with effective passing, turning, and positioning.

I still think Rice contributes many things to the team, but clearly, he isn't in the same class as other deep-lying midfielders from possession-based teams.
Exactly he lacks any deep lying playmaking skills. Even today there were several times he could move the ball quicker which would open things up. The saka goal was him delaying the pass otherwise he would be free on goal

GoonerJay24

Exactly he lacks any deep lying playmaking skills. Even today there were several times he could move the ball quicker which would open things up. The saka goal was him delaying the pass otherwise he would be free on goal

Not only distribution speed, but speed and timing of positioning he lacks compared to not only the greats, but even a player like Jorginho

Latest posts

Top Bottom