• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

You lads really have nothing better to do than pretend like Rice is gonna get Ødegaard involved in a freak yachting accident?

The international breaks are really tough on some people.
Just thought he worded it funny, not deeping it. 🤷‍♂️

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There have been some weird quotes from Declan this week. I've kind of ignored them up until now, but this Ødegaard one takes the biscuit. This man needs some media training or should just stop talking

He's like a human version of a big, lovable, dopey dog to be honest.

Friends with everyone and just says stuff without really thinking, kinda adorable really!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Did he have a good game ?as i do not support england so do not watch
He was Ok. Mostly good at what you'd expect, but his team-mates kept bypassing him in build up unless they were panicking. But the whole thing was your standard Southgate tactical meh, so not sure what to read into it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He bid 90 million for him, that's a fact.

Clubs don't bid such sums just for laughs. If Arsenal wouldn't have bid more, he would have had to buy him for that sum if West Ham agreed to it. So he rated him that highly and was ready to get him to his team.

It's okay if you can't see what top managers see in Rice. You will hopefully though.
I've read somewhere that sometimes decisions are made despite Pep's insistance.

He signs off on the players talent/potential but they're not always necessarily his type of player.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I've read somewhere that sometimes decisions are made despite Pep's insistance.

He signs off on the players talent/potential but they're not always necessarily his type of player.

Interesting if true, find it hard to believe a manager with Pep's stature wouldn't have 100% complete control over who his club signs.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
From the Daily Mirror earlier in the season.

Pep Guardiola has claimed Manchester City would have been attacked for spending over £100million on Declan Rice.

But as his City stars face the Arsenal and England midfielder at The Emirates today, Guardiola has admitted for the first time that he really wanted the “exceptional” 24-year-old star - and pushed as far as he could to land him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Interesting if true, find it hard to believe a manager with Pep's stature wouldn't have 100% complete control over who his club signs.

I'd imagine for smaller "project" signings he'd possibly have less input and this would be assigned to a DoF or perhaps a development manager or whatever, but for a bid of £90m I'd be very surprised if it wasn't requested from him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Pep signing Rice as a rotational player with Rodri would have been a crime against football. Rice belongs at Arsenal we’ve been desperate for a player like this since the Cesc years and what a signing hes turned out to be.

Let's be honest they'd have gone with a 4-2-3-1 and had Rice/Rodri double pivot with KDB ahead, it would have been completely unfair

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom