• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We have to hope Partey is capable of actually starting in some of these tricky fixtures as Rice looks quite good as our 8 and it was much needed. Even taking a half of Jorginho with a half of Partey could be doable. Not sure TP is close to ready, unfortunately. It's going to be aggravating with Havertz at 8 and what not.

There were positive signs for sure with both on the pitch.

Think Deccy is at his best as a 6 though. He’s second to none at breaking up play and his dribbling is best utilised from deeper positions.

If he can just work on the timing of his passes he can truly be an elite holding midfielder. Was very impressive how he was still able to win the ball so cleanly whilst on a yellow.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Was about to argue against this, but the fact we need to sign another player to bring out the best of him is kinda backwards. So far under Arteta that previously would be mean you were out/limited etc.

I think this is a bit misleading tbh. We are playing a 3 man midfield with 2 midfielders… it’s not a high bar.

There will of course be certain profiles that will bring the absolute best out of him but that applies to every player ever.

But to get “enough” out of him all we need is fking midfielder really.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think this is a bit misleading tbh. We are playing a 3 man midfield with 2 midfielders… it’s not a high bar.

There will of course be certain profiles that will bring the absolute best out of him but that applies to every player ever.

Not sure what Macho was smoking when writing that, but I've never seen question marks around prime Makelele just because he wasn't a great passer or whatever AM fans want from Rice these days.

It's reasonable to have a highly technical player next to him and leave Rice protecting our backline (which we have been complaining about for the past 15+ years)

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Rice showed yesterday we don’t need to sign a player to get the best out of him, we just need him to play 6.

What people mean is to get the best out of this team we need to sign another midfielder as Kai at 8 isn’t good.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I baulked at the transfer fee, but I guess that is just the going rate for a top quality English player at his age these days.

He has delivered over the course of the season. There is no doubt about that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His ability to make so many tackles but rarely get booked, outstanding...4 yellows in the Prem is insane at this point for a DM like him.

Plus the only reason he got booked yesterday was intentional, as he was pissed that Kai gets taken out and wanted revenge on someone 😅

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

He already has the technical level to play long progressive passes from deep though. He just tends to play it safe. He also has good ball carrying ability. He also is good at shooting from the edge of the box. We don't need him being a tika taka ball retaining attacking 8.

He can be moulded into an elite all round 6. He's still very young for the position. If we actually had a proper attacking 8 and more attacking depth / quality then this wouldn't be an issue. He's also done a better job at 8 than either Fabio or Havertz. Which is a testament to our lack of quality there.

We have our best defence in decades and it's hugely in part to Rice. The Saliba, Gabbi, Rice base should be more than enough to allow the 5 attacking players in front to have the freedom of movement to get our attack going. Plus whatever we want to do with our fullbacks and distribution focused keeper.

That's top top.

Everything I said in post on full display here.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I lost track of the amount of times last night that he got a toe in to break up a Wolves break. His defensive reading of the game is so good.

You also see how quick he is to fill in for the FB's or even Saliba when he trots forward at times.

A lot of it is grunt work that doesn't get noticed much but there shouldn't be any surprise he's starting to feel it physically now.

Other than maybe Ødegaard I don't think there's a player who puts in more work week in week out than Rice.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I lost track of the amount of times last night that he got a toe in to break up a Wolves break. His defensive reading of the game is so good.

You also see how quick he is to fill in for the FB's or even Saliba when he trots forward at times.

A lot of it is grunt work that doesn't get noticed much but there shouldn't be any surprise he's starting to feel it physically now.

Other than maybe Ødegaard I don't think there's a player who puts in more work week in week out than Rice.
Not sure Ode should be doing as much as he does.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

People often forget that Partey had the benefits of playing against more open defenses last season while we are facing a lot more lower blocks and more compact defenses. Yet Rice outscoring and outassists him.

Elite!

Tbf to Partey as much of a b*stard he is 😭 that’s never been his role for us to play further up the pitch like Rice has been doing at times this season. It’s more comparable to Xhaka last season who got 16 G/A in all comps.

Partey’s passing range between the lines when on form (it takes him like 3 to 4 games to get up to speed after every injury) is fantastic. The better like for like comparison in terms of productivity would probably be Jorginho in our current side. Those sort of players do the pass before the assist by Ødegaard, Saka etc.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tbf to Partey as much of a b*stard he is 😭 that’s never been his role for us to play further up the pitch like Rice has been doing at times this season. It’s more comparable to Xhaka last season who got 16 G/A in all comps.

Partey’s passing range between the lines when on form (it takes him like 3 to 4 games to get up to speed after every injury) is fantastic. The better like for like comparison in terms of productivity would probably be Jorginho in our current side. Those sort of players do the pass before the assist by Ødegaard, Saka etc.
I think injuries has caught up with Partey and he is done at top level. But at his best he has a better player than Rice. Specially in his Atletico days

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think injuries has caught up with Partey and he is done at top level. But at his best he has a better player than Rice. Specially in his Atletico days

Partey was good at Atletico for sure but I’m taking the more durable player over him. Availability and reliability is a major asset itself. This whole thing wouldn’t be a major problem if we fix the 8 role.

Topside

Rice, I'm a huge fan talk to fans of other teams every team in the PL would take him all day long.

The balance in CM imo hasn't always been right this season but last night he just grew stronger as the game went on, won the ball drove forward broke up play.

If we had a 15 goal CF let alone the mythical 20 plus, we would have 4-6 points more in the PL imo. Declan Rice has had a superb 1st season for us.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom