• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
4 of the richest clubs in the world all in dire need of a midfielder like Rice could drive the price up. I don't think £120m is likely but close to £100m including addons seems quite possible if you, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea all want him.

Keep in mind that some deals are structured in ways where a fee that seems insanely high isn't that bad once you break it down. A headline might say "Arsenal pay £100m for Rice", but if £20m of that fee is tied up in performance based addons like CL qualification, winning various trophies and stuff like that, it suddenly makes it a lot less egregious.

In other words, I highly doubt the people who say they wouldn't pay more than £80m for him would mind eventually paying £100m if the last chunk of money was paid as a result of winning silverware.

Not sure I agree with the dire need bit. I only think Chelsea really desperately need Rice for next season, and there are mixed signals whether he is a priority for then (even though he should be). That being said, I’m sure every club you mention would love to have Rice.

But yeah, I feel 80-100 would be a great deal for West Ham, and think it’s probably the upper limit for his profile.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Who is the Rice alternative? We done really well in picking up Jorginho and Trossard as bargain alternatives so I'm thinking along the same lines. A known proven PL quality player that is just flying below the radar slightly.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who is the Rice alternative? We done really well in picking up Jorginho and Trossard as bargain alternatives so I'm thinking along the same lines. A known proven PL quality player that is just flying below the radar slightly.
I could see us going back for Caicedo. Not quite the same type of player, but I think we would try again if Rice doesn't come through.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Caiecedo and Zubimendi.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I could see us going back for Caicedo. Not quite the same type of player, but I think we would try again if Rice doesn't come through.

With his new contract signed earlier this month, I suspect Brighton will require considerably more for Caicedo more than the 70m we tabled for him in January.

Bloodbather

Established Member

It's Caicedo, but it gets iffy after that. Possibly Lavia. I've got Caqueret and Koné as alternatives but we haven't been linked.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Depends if there's a CL clubs clause. Would be Kane levels of stupid to sign a long term deal without some clause after wanting out in Jan
I think there was a strong rumour that the contract has no clause.

But I assume they have agreed to let him go for a certain amount of money, to get him extended. Like 90-100 million pounds. While a bigger contract makes him more happy for the rest of the season.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I was thinking another raid on Chelsea for Kovacic - contract ending, Chelsea maybe looking to sell. I know a lot of people won't love him but you don't play for Real, Chelsea and be linked to Liverpool, City and Bayern if you're a bad player.

The other alternative Neves who is continually linked away.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I was thinking another raid on Chelsea for Kovacic - contract ending, Chelsea maybe looking to sell. I know a lot of people won't love him but you don't play for Real, Chelsea and be linked to Liverpool, City and Bayern if you're a bad player.

Kovacic is an excellent player. One of the most underrated midfielders in the league.

drippin

Kovacic is 29 years old in a month, that's too old compared to our other midfielders who are also only a bit older.

He is also too injury-prone. Good player, but pass for Arsenal at this point.

His contract ends 2024.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Kovacic is a very good player, but we should target a more long term player there. Makes no sense to get a Xhaka replacement who is almost as old as he is.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With his new contract signed earlier this month, I suspect Brighton will require considerably more for Caicedo more than the 70m we tabled for him in January.
I don't know, would he have signed that unless there was an agreement that they'd let him go if a big club came in for him? It is obviously speculation, but you'd think it would be difficult for them to stand in his way this summer.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Kovacic is 29 years old in a month, that's too old compared to our other midfielders who are also only a bit older.

He is also too injury-prone. Good player, but pass for Arsenal at this point.

His contract ends 2024.

Sorry yes I meant contract ending next season hence signing him in the summer and being opportunistic. My preference is Rice of course but just posing the question if like Mudryk we lose out on option A where is the under the bargain signing that could be a very good alternative. Same time though I think we break the bank for the player who is very likely to captain England in the future.

drippin

Sorry yes I meant contract ending next season hence signing him in the summer and being opportunistic. My preference is Rice of course but just posing the question if like Mudryk we lose out on option A where is the under the bargain signing that could be a very good alternative. Same time though I think we break the bank for the player who is very likely to captain England in the future.
I'd rather someone younger than Kovacic looking at our midfield.

Even Neves like you suggested, he has a year in contract too. But Caicedo is my 2nd option. Need to plan for the future.

And get a midfielder who is not injury-prone at all when bought.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'd rather someone younger than Kovacic looking at our midfield.

Even Neves like you suggested, he has a year in contract too. But Caicedo is my 2nd option. Need to plan for the future.

And get a midfielder who is not injury-prone at all when bought.
Neves would be a good candidate, but Wolves ask insane amounts for him.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Neves would be a good candidate, but Wolves ask insane amounts for him.

Feck Neves anyway, whenever we score a goal or win he'd complain about his teammates celebrating. He'd bring the morale right down. He'd literally suck all the positivity out of the dressing room, his teammates would get depressed playing with him, they'd give up because of him souring the mood and we'd be mid table. Let him goto Sp**s, he'd fit right in and if any manager tries to set him straight he can go and have a word with Daniel to set his boss straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom