• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I did, I watched the whole game and he was awful. He's been pretty bad all season, turns out it was Bowen that was carrying West Ham.

Fair enough, what aspects were poor and what was decent? Watching the highlights it looked like a defensive collapse by West Ham more than anything. He seemed to have good long passing accuracy yesterday looking at the stats, I wonder what @Dokaka take is

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
“What aspects were poor and what was decent?”

@BigPoppaPump:
sddefault.jpg

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Week in week out what makes us dangerous is Partey, Saka, G.Jesus receiving the ball under pressure let the ball across their body and getting us forward quickly.

I have not really seen Rice have this ability. When he gets the ball he always seems to play it back to Zouma/Aguerd to play it forward.

I like his tenacity in midfield but think we need more attacking wise.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Week in week out what makes us dangerous is Partey, Saka, G.Jesus receiving the ball under pressure let the ball across their body and getting us forward quickly.

I have not really seen Rice have this ability. When he gets the ball he always seems to play it back to Zouma/Aguerd to play it forward.

I like his tenacity in midfield but think we need more attacking wise.

If you look at the percentage of forward passes to number of passes, Rice is making forward passes at the same percentage rate as Partey

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Just to give you an example of the dross he is playing with. His midfield partner Soucek, completed 2 passes in 40 minutes.

Zinchenko gets 100 touches and he is our left back. Rice only made 22 passes in that time. West Ham are shocking in possession.
Devon Rice is only good when he had loads of space to in front to run into otherwise he can’t do much with the ball.

Can’t imagine anyone thinking he can replace the job Xhaka does for us in midfield.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Devon Rice is only good when he had loads of space to in front to run into otherwise he can’t do much with the ball.

Can’t imagine anyone thinking he can replace the job Xhaka does for us in midfield.

Can’t imagine he can replace what Xhaka does? Bet you couldn’t imagine Xhaka doing what he does now a year ago could you.

Legend14

Established Member
If you look at the percentage of forward passes to number of passes, Rice is making forward passes at the same percentage rate as Partey

Sure. But they are not the same forward passes. Be careful of statistics. Partey’s passes threaten.

You never know though; Rice may improve under Arteta. Partey had to learn his role. Simple for me, does Rice have the tools to be a great player in our system? If so, nothing to complain about - Arteta will get the best out of him.

I prefer Onana currently,

DuBB

Sure. But they are not the same forward passes. Be careful of statistics. Partey’s passes threaten.

You never know though; Rice may improve under Arteta. Partey had to learn his role. Simple for me, does Rice have the tools to be a great player in our system? If so, nothing to complain about - Arteta will get the best out of him.

I prefer Onana currently,

I've watched a bit of Declan Rice, but I watched two 90min games back to back, and the bold simply isn't true.

2 things I noticed is that Rice makes threatening forward passes, but even more than that, he sees those passes and wants to make more of them and his teammates are never in the right place to receive them.

The amount of times, particularly against Southampton, he'd turn and beat the press, receive the ball and beat a man, or dispossess the opposition, and have the ball at his feet pointing to where someone should be, or have his arms open wide exasperated because there was nobody to pass to, was startling.

For West Ham he has to do something that Partey rarely has to do for us, and actually something you see Ødegaard do more - he's constantly telling people where to be.

Rice is always pointing, with and without the ball, and telling people where they should be. He's not one of those "pass to me pass to me" guys, he'll point at the LB and tell him to pass it to the LW, or move out of the way, take a man with him and point to the next pass.

His teammates just never do it.

I actually found it annoying because at first I thought he was just complaining, until I realised that he's not complaining, his teammates just aren't at his level.

@Dokaka - am I on the right track or completely wrong? You're a West Ham fan so you'll know if I've noticed something or if I'm completely off base 😂

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
AM Mental Gymnastics will break Olympic records next season.

Yeah, happened with White and various others.

I'm sure the hipsters of A-M will stumble across a youtube highlight reel of a Macedonian 2 division DM who once scored a panenka pen and can run at 100mph..... Such a better option than the overrated English plodder Rice :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom