• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Fair enough, what aspects were poor and what was decent? Watching the highlights it looked like a defensive collapse by West Ham more than anything. He seemed to have good long passing accuracy yesterday looking at the stats, I wonder what @Dokaka take is

He was fine, no where near the problem and our best player again, as always. As you said, it was a defensive collapse and the players look completely done with Moyes. Soucek keeps starting over Downes even though the entire fanbase is screaming for him to get benched, the dude is genuinely the worst on the ball midfielder in PL history.

Honestly I'm just kind of done posting in this thread, I've stated my opinion on Rice's pros and cons loads of times but I just cannot be arsed with the Talksport level agenda merchants spouting complete nonsense over and over again in here. I really cba putting in the effort when it's just being met with Trump level nuance and idiocy.

I've watched a bit of Declan Rice, but I watched two 90min games back to back, and the bold simply isn't true.

2 things I noticed is that Rice makes threatening forward passes, but even more than that, he sees those passes and wants to make more of them and his teammates are never in the right place to receive them.

The amount of times, particularly against Southampton, he'd turn and beat the press, receive the ball and beat a man, or dispossess the opposition, and have the ball at his feet pointing to where someone should be, or have his arms open wide exasperated because there was nobody to pass to, was startling.

For West Ham he has to do something that Partey rarely has to do for us, and actually something you see Ødegaard do more - he's constantly telling people where to be.

Rice is always pointing, with and without the ball, and telling people where they should be. He's not one of those "pass to me pass to me" guys, he'll point at the LB and tell him to pass it to the LW, or move out of the way, take a man with him and point to the next pass.

His teammates just never do it.

I actually found it annoying because at first I thought he was just complaining, until I realised that he's not complaining, his teammates just aren't at his level.

@Dokaka - am I on the right track or completely wrong? You're a West Ham fan so you'll know if I've noticed something or if I'm completely off base 😂

Nah, you're spot on. He's surrounded by utter ****e but apparently that's not relevant for a supporting midfielder.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've watched a bit of Declan Rice, but I watched two 90min games back to back, and the bold simply isn't true.

2 things I noticed is that Rice makes threatening forward passes, but even more than that, he sees those passes and wants to make more of them and his teammates are never in the right place to receive them.

The amount of times, particularly against Southampton, he'd turn and beat the press, receive the ball and beat a man, or dispossess the opposition, and have the ball at his feet pointing to where someone should be, or have his arms open wide exasperated because there was nobody to pass to, was startling.

For West Ham he has to do something that Partey rarely has to do for us, and actually something you see Ødegaard do more - he's constantly telling people where to be.

Rice is always pointing, with and without the ball, and telling people where they should be. He's not one of those "pass to me pass to me" guys, he'll point at the LB and tell him to pass it to the LW, or move out of the way, take a man with him and point to the next pass.

I actually found it annoying because at first I thought he was just complaining, until I realised that he's not complaining, his teammates just aren't at his level.

@Dokaka - am I on the right track or completely wrong? You're a West Ham fan so you'll know if I've noticed something or if I'm completely off base 😂
Biggest reason I can’t stand him. This and his interviews to always try to make himself look good and say what he think people want to hear. His team mates are not idiot and he is not a genius. Henderson does this as well, point and make a simple pass and make it seem like he is orchestrating everything

DuBB

He was fine, no where near the problem and our best player again, as always. As you said, it was a defensive collapse and the players look completely done with Moyes. Soucek keeps starting over Downes even though the entire fanbase is screaming for him to get benched, the dude is genuinely the worst on the ball midfielder in PL history.

Honestly I'm just kind of done posting in this thread, I've stated my opinion on Rice's pros and cons loads of times but I just cannot be arsed with the Talksport level agenda merchants spouting complete nonsense over and over again in here. I really cba putting in the effort when it's just being met with Trump level nuance and idiocy.

Nah, you're spot on. He's surrounded by utter ****e but apparently that's not relevant for a supporting midfielder.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

And I think those things I point out don't speak to leadership, I think they speak to an advanced level of tactical understanding.

Or "seeing the picture" a few steps ahead.

His head is always up and he has a clear picture of what could be happening next but nobody on that team is able to help him make it happen.

He received passes 3-5 touches after he should have got it, and then when he got the ball nobody was in the right place or making the right run to execute so all he can do is recycle possession mostly.

On another note, I also think Moyes is playing Paqueta too deep, or setting the team up in a way where he is too deep. Paqueta would be more effective if he didn't have to get involved so far back in play to see some action.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
"They lost 5-1 of course Rice was **** hurrrdurrrrrr"

Meanwhile:

Wy6xBxA.gif

3if2PWj.gif

j4vpQO0.png

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Remember when Jorginho was rumoured, and some here didn't rate him because Chelsea as a team scored so little. :lol:

Afterwards when they have had Enzo, their results in EPL have been 9 games with 7 scored and 9 conceded.

Naturally it's the DMF who is most at fault creating for the team and scoring. Good times, AM at it's best.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Remember when Jorginho was rumoured, and some here didn't rate him because Chelsea as a team scored so little. :lol:

Afterwards when they have had Enzo, their results in EPL have been 9 games with 7 scored and 9 conceded.

Naturally it's the DMF who is most at fault creating for the team and scoring. Good times, AM at it's best.
Everyone knew Jorginho was a hood player, but lacked athleticism and was a stop gap. There is a reason we got him last two days as last resort when we couldn’t get DM. If caicedo bid was accepted. Not only would we not sign Jorginho. But that would have been end of our Rice persuit

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Considering the track record we have on transfers lately, if the club think Rice is our man, then I'd be inclined to trust that judgement.

I think that trust has been earned*

edit - obviously earnt is the more traditional, and therefore, the more agreeable spelling.

Legend14

Established Member

I have seen only a few club and country matches and I do notice the pointing. I took it to be not wanting responsibility since he does it so often. Glass half full interpretation.

I dont think anyone knows how he will play in Arteta’s system, but its a large investment so we need to be sure he will bring us to another level.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
"They lost 5-1 of course Rice was **** hurrrdurrrrrr"

Meanwhile:

Wy6xBxA.gif

3if2PWj.gif

j4vpQO0.png

I am still of the opinion that we are not signing Rice to play in the Partey role. I think we have earmarked him to be Xhakas replacement.

Rice can do everything that Xhaka can. He is just as robust. He also has aerial presence and similar physicality. He is a much better ball winner and he is much quicker and more agile.

What he brings is two footedness, excellent recovery and improved defensive ability and the ability to carry through the thirds. He clearly has the intelligence and passing ability to play for us. Our build up can go through Zinchenko. Buy someone like Onana, Caicedo or Lavia to play in the Partey role and improve our defensive solidity.

My guess would be Onana. Simply because he brings something the other two players don't. Aerial ability.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I am still of the opinion that we are not signing Rice to play in the Partey role. I think we have earmarked him to be Xhakas replacement.

Rice can do everything that Xhaka can. He is just as robust. He also has aerial presence and similar physicality. He is a much better ball winner and he is much quicker and more agile.

What he brings is two footedness, excellent recovery and improved defensive ability and the ability to carry through the thirds. He clearly has the intelligence and passing ability to play for us. Our build up can go through Zinchenko. Buy someone like Onana, Caicedo or Lavia to play in the Partey role and improve our defensive solidity.

My guess would be Onana. Simply because he brings something the other two players don't. Aerial ability.
This is my view as well. I think Arteta sees him more as an 8, but with the versatility of filling in at 6 if need be. I think that versatility is attractive to us.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is my view as well. I think Arteta sees him more as an 8, but with the versatility of filling in at 6 if need be. I think that versatility is attractive to us.

Xhaka doesn't play thr 8 role like a 10. Someone like Vieira or ESR in thr 8 would be in the City style of 10. Arteta has Xhaks drop into a double pivot when needed. His defensive positioning and physical presence is so important and yet we throw and name in there because Xhaka doesn't have good dribbling around the box.

When Xhaka is out we miss what he brings and Rice is one of the players we can bring in who has defensive awareness and offensive potential.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah, happened with White and various others.

I'm sure the hipsters of A-M will stumble across a youtube highlight reel of a Macedonian 2 division DM who once scored a panenka pen and can run at 100mph..... Such a better option than the overrated English plodder Rice :lol:
Ben White never got the hype Rice did and is a much more technical player. Rice is just a typical plodder.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

He might be good for you but Arsenal is another level. He doesn’t have the skills to replace any of our current starting midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom