• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
That cross from the no8 zone is so underrated, it's why I wanted Saka central at some point. Look how well KDB does as a RCM.

Inverted wingers make a lot of sense but I don't think it does for the no8 position.

Yup. Even in our team, we have a perfect example of a player in Xhaka who is not exactly Odegaards level in technique (and has an inferior player to saka for company) but putting up solid numbers. Even if it’s just an in game rotation to mix things up I think having that right left combo in the 8s will be spicy.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard has played at least at Sociedad and Arsenal in RCM or RW. I really doubt Arteta will make him switch to a side he is not used to.

We are top of the league and Ødegaard is one of the best players in EPL this season. Do we need to invent problems? Besides he bought Vieira, who has played same positions in his career thus far and is left-footed. A clear Ødegaard rotation player.

I hear you. Not saying we should permanently switch Ødegaard, I just like that we would have the option to if planA isn’t working.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I hear you. Not saying we should permanently switch Ødegaard, I just like that we would have the option to if planA isn’t working.
That cross is a good move, but Ødegaard on the right brings other benefits. For example now people are starting to realize that he has a great shot and that will be better from RCM.

He can also easily fake a shot and put Saka through on the right. That will keep opponents guessing. It will be more and more efficient because his goal threat is being realized.

It just means he won't cross the way you mean, but he can cross to the body/foot to the middle to a run rather than back post. And he combines in great ways with Saka.

Diesel

I dont understand if everyone kept saying we goin for him in summer than why we keep looking for more news on this overhyped jabberoni who will run us 100m.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

That cross is a good move, but Ødegaard on the right brings other benefits. For example now people are starting to realize that he has a great shot and that will be better from RCM.

It just means he won't cross the way you mean, but he can cross to the body/foot to the middle to a run rather than back post. And he combines in great ways with Saka.

Yeah so right now he is great at receiving the ball from saka when saka is further forward, but he’s much less effective when he’s further forward. If Saka is up against a monster full back that he’s struggling to get past then we’ll need “someone” to make those runs beyond him and Ødegaard wouldn’t be the best option. And given the “““crosses””” we’ve seen from our rb’s this season I’d say they’re not the answer either 😫

Admittedly there aren’t many fullbacks I wouldn’t back Saka against…

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Bro at some point I’m sure they’ll stop tracking the overlap and just stick to Saka :lol:
Of all our right backs, Cedric is the best crosser of the ball. Cedric. Let that sink in…

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Is he really the elite CM to take us up a level, I have my doubts

He's not even in the prime years of his position yet. Arteta sees he can make him into a world beater and I don't doubt it

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He just doesn't look like an Arsenal player for any good team in our recent history. Below Partey as a 6 except fitness wise and below this version of Xhaka except for ground speed. He looks like a hybrid who might fall between the 6/8 crack and disappoint. I hope we have an alternative in mind.

Goonger

I'm still in 2 minds with this. On the one hand I think we could do with someone like Rice, especially in tough away games like at Goodison where we get overpowered in the middle of the park. On the other hand I'd like someone a bit more dynamic who contributes more going forward as the LCM, as I feel we don't capitalize on the good situations Xhaka find himself in, and I think it would help Martinelli on that side as well.

In an ideal world we sign both I suppose, or hope ESR or Vieira takes that more attacking role.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Anything outside of a 6 he is not good enough. One of the issues West Ham have is he thinks he is better than he is and doing way too much. With time he can become a top 6. He is not that right now

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Anything outside of a 6 he is not good enough. One of the issues West Ham have is he thinks he is better than he is and doing way too much. With time he can become a top 6. He is not that right now
Or he's trying to cover up the deficiencies of his team mates? Is Souchek playing well? Is Paqueta showing the same ability he does for Brazil?

Rice is probably trying to do too much but I don't think that's because he thinks he's better than he is. It's maybe because he wants to strive for the best and if that means leading and picking up positions, that are maybe not natural for him to do, he's willing to do that.

You put Rice at 6 at Arsenal with Ødegaard and a box to box 8 and he will look a completely different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom