• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It just feels a bit wrong that in a world where Partey is 50m, Rodri is 60m, and Casemiro is 70m, Rice is apparently at least 80m? That just doesn’t feel right.

Suppose you can take transfer inflation and English tax into things. Casemiro is also 30.

To me 70/80m for a proven top level PL DM that will be about for 6 or 7 years is fair game.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
It just feels a bit wrong that in a world where Partey is 50m, Rodri is 60m, and Casemiro is 70m, Rice is apparently at least 80m? That just doesn’t feel right.

Fees have gone up since Partey and Rodri moved and they were both release clauses where the fee had to be paid up front, which hurts Financial Fair Play more because you can't amortise the fee over several years

Casemiro is 31, probably past his prime and in decline, already picking up 2 red cards in a season and has limited passing range. I'd much rather have a player coming into his prime with a higher ceiling who is a much better long passer and much better carrying the ball forwards.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think we would be able to get Rice for lower than 80m if there's no competition. He's on the last year of his contract.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Think we would be able to get Rice for lower than 80m if there's no competition. He's on the last year of his contract.
He ISNT on the last year of his contract. It's been said on here multiple times. West Ham can activate an extension to 2025. Which they will.

So in the summer he will have 2 years left.

He is costing whatever team want him minimum 70m and maximum 100m (if Chelsea get involved) I reckon it will be around the 80m mark.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He ISNT on the last year of his contract. It's been said on here multiple times. West Ham can activate an extension to 2025. Which they will.

So in the summer he will have 2 years left.

He is costing whatever team want him minimum 70m and maximum 100m (if Chelsea get involved) I reckon it will be around the 80m mark.
No, I don't think West Ham will take the option

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why? Why would they not take it when it adds like another 30m to his price. We got Jesus for 45m because he had 1 year on his contract and he wanted to leave. Had he had 2 years it would have likely been closer to 60-65m.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why? Why would they not take it when it adds like another 30m to his price. We got Jesus for 45m because he had 1 year on his contract and he wanted to leave. Had he had 2 years it would have likely been closer to 60-65m.

They probably have to pay him more money to trigger it, so will only trigger it 6 months before the current contract expires. If they sell him this summer they won't trigger it first.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They probably have to pay him more money to trigger it, so will only trigger it 6 months before the current contract expires. If they sell him this summer they won't trigger it first.
They will trigger it in June. So they will have to pay him more for 1 month or maximum 2 if he leaves July/August.

So by paying him maybe 100k more, they will be able to demand at least 15-20m more.

It's simple club business and they would be absolutely stupid to not extend.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
They will trigger it in June. So they will have to pay him more for 1 month or maximum 2 if he leaves July/August.

So by paying him maybe 100k more, they will be able to demand at least 15-20m more.

It's simple club business and they would be absolutely stupid to not extend.

I bet they won't trigger it in June. They'll tell prospective teams it will be triggered if they don't get their required fee. It's effectively 18 months on his deal, without triggering. They effectively get the 15-20m more without needing to trigure it because of this.

As far as they're concerned they could trigger it, he isn't sold and he gets a career ending injury in September and they have him for 2 years on big wages. That's why teams trigger extension clauses 6 months before the contract is up.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Effectively he has 2 years left in the summer. Doesn't matter at all if they use it before they sell him, or not. The price will be with the assumption that they can keep him for 2 more years if not enough is bid.

That's how it works.

I can't believe how often I see this "He has one year left." Really weird it has had to be corrected several times already.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I bet they won't trigger it in June. They'll tell prospective teams it will be triggered if they don't get their required fee. It's effectively 18 months on his deal, without triggering. They effectively get the 15-20m more without needing to trigure it because of this.

As far as they're concerned they could trigger it, he isn't sold and he gets a career ending injury in September and they have him for 2 years on big wages. That's why teams trigger extension clauses 6 months before the contract is up.
Time will tell. But West Ham aren't exactly broke. So they don't need to sell. They wouldn't be afraid of extending and him staying there and having to pay him probably what an extra 20-30k a week. I doubt by extending it triggers a 40/50% jump is salary.

Maybe they dont want to extend sitting in the relegation zone when they know they can do it at any time. And now isn't the moment to be thinking about contracts when it can be done so quickly.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arsenal extended Saliba's and Saka's contract at the last possible hour basically with their options.

Why extend earlier when there is likely some pay rise with such an option?

1+1 years is effectively 2 years left. There's should be no debate about this, it's very simple.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Time will tell. But West Ham aren't exactly broke. So they don't need to sell. They wouldn't be afraid of extending and him staying there and having to pay him probably what an extra 20-30k a week. I doubt by extending it triggers a 40/50% jump is salary.

Maybe they dont want to extend sitting in the relegation zone when they know they can do it at any time. And now isn't the moment to be thinking about contracts when it can be done so quickly.

Yea, we'll see how it works out. If they do get relegated they will want to sell though. West Ham forum accounts reckoning installments over multiple years will help them the most to keep spending in different windows if they get relegated.

Other of their fans reckon while he's a massively talented DM, they could probably do well to sell high, get a cheap DM and invest in other positions.

The thing with West Ham is I don't understand why they aren't doing better. Paqueta and Scammaca were 2 players on my wishlist last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom