• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

Does not matter if Rice is £50m or £80m, he just doesn't suit our football.

I don't understand what people really see in Rice, am I the only one that thinks that he is just another Henderson? He is not better than Partey and not a real 8. I would rather have a trully box to box number 8 than a converted 6 playing 8.

And if we are going to splash £80m, should we not try first Bruno Guimarães who is closes in quality to Partey?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
And if we are going to splash £80m, should we not try first Bruno Guimarães who is closes in quality to Partey?

There is not a chance in hell of you signing Guimaraes. Every class Newcastle player is untouchable, they're the richest club in the world and it's not even close.

They have ZERO reason to ever accept a deal, and if the player starts moaning they can just triple his wages and shower him with riches.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't understand what people really see in Rice, am I the only one that thinks that he is just another Henderson? He is not better than Partey and not a real 8. I would rather have a trully box to box number 8 than a converted 6 playing 8.

I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on why you think Guimaraes is closest in quality to Partey, and Rice is not. What is it based on? Point out the stats where he is clearly better than Rice.

Here are the stats from EPL this season. Press "toggle per90" for every stat.

Consider also that Rice is playing for clearly the worst team and a bit lower on the field. Personally I can't see very much difference in these stats.

But for example Guimaraes is worse passer than Rice by ~6% and he attemps less medium and long balls than him. On the other hand Guimaraes is fouled a lot more than either, but he fouls double the amount as Rice.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
And I don’t agree with the qualities you keep mentioning. Stop acting like a know it all. Your opinion ain’t worth more than anyone else. I may bring up his IRA support and you may have another meltdown
Firstly I don't know it all. If I did i wouldn't be wasting my time talking to you on a forum.

As for the IRA or support etc....I'm not exactly sure what an organisation that killed, 100s, if not 1000s of people has to do with Declan Rice and Arsenal? Maybe you could enlighten not only me, but everyone else.

You are clutching mate if you have to try to bring politics into a signing.

DuBB

Honestly, it doesn't matter what you or we think.

If our technical, coaching and analyst team says he's likely to suit our football, then he's likely to suit our football. Not guaranteed, but way likelier based on their data and information than yours our any of ours.

Transfers aren't fan driven. We're not linked to him or possibly going after him because of overwhelming fan sentiment.

It's because the team of people who have built a team with 22 wins out of 28 league games believe he's a fit.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
PL TOTS will be awkward for you when Ødegaard and Partey both make it.

Why would it be awkward when Ødegaard deservedly makes it?

Would be a the wrong choice if Partey makes it ahead of Rodri if you take the rose tinted specs off and base in on their performances this season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Arteta and Edu seem to think he does if the reports are to be believed. Now whose opinion to go with, the guys who have us 8 points clear of the most dominant PL team since Peak Fergie's Utd or Mudi? Very tough call.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Why would it be awkward when Ødegaard deservedly makes it?

Would be a the wrong choice if Partey makes it ahead of Rodri if you take the rose tinted specs off and base in on their performances this season.
This is why you have the Grand Wizard label. Partey has been better than him this year. We have the best midfield in the league and he's a big reason why.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

He does suit our football because he's tall and rangey and good at passing. This is the profile Mikel likes most for our 6 , CB's and his ideal 8.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rice will be worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for him, and I can’t see Arsenal or Chelsea, who don’t forget will have to concentrate first on shifting a load of players for FFP reasons, paying over 80m for him, which I think is a fair deal.

Suppose West Ham could do a Brighton and dig their heels in and refuse to negotiate at that price, but it seems that they’ve all agreed that he gets to go this summer.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You’re not the only one that thinks that, but loads on here think Henderson, a guy that was a key player in one of the most dominant teams of the last 20 years, is some sort of pub player.

Mudi

Arteta and Edu seem to think he does if the reports are to be believed. Now whose opinion to go with, the guys who have us 8 points clear of the most dominant PL team since Peak Fergie's Utd or Mudi? Very tough call.
Arteta and Edu also rated Willian, Mari, Cedric, Lokonga, Runarsson, ...

They did not rate Willock and if we had Willock now for the 8, we may not have this discussion at all...

ChefMan21

Arteta and Edu also rated Willian, Mari, Cedric, Lokonga, Runarsson, ...

They did not rate Willock and if we had Willock now for the 8, we may not have this discussion at all...
Ah right, the legendary A-M crystal ball. Love that thing...

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This is why you have the Grand Wizard label. Partey has been better than him this year. We have the best midfield in the league and he's a big reason why.

The same midfield that bossed and bullied by Everton?

No Partey hasn't. Rose tinted fans like you are the reason why he was one of highest rated players in a match on a fan rating site when he came on as sub and hardly touched the ball.

Partey comes no where near Rodri statistically.

Partey has improved immensely from last season (in which he was dross) and at his best is very good. Partey, however, is far too inconsistent and dropped far too many poor performances to be considered amongst Rodri, Casemiro and Rice this season. Partey is in the next bracket with Caicedo and Norgaard and it's debatable he's been even been better than them.

It's clear Partey has been our weakest performing player this season in our starting 11 again. Jorginho in his short time here has shown the gulf of technical ability and positional awareness between the two.

Last edited:

Mudi

You’re not the only one that thinks that, but loads on here think Henderson, a guy that was a key player in one of the most dominant teams of the last 20 years, is some sort of pub player.

Henderson had the chance to play in a team with Wijnaldum and Fabinho on their prime and with the best front 3 in Mane-Firminho-Salah and Van Dijk/Alison in the back. Rice would have performed the same in that team.

Yet our team is nowhere near the level of Liverpool (yet). So we will need a better player.

Or let me rephrase, would you have taken Henderson as a starter in our team as improvement of Xhaka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom