• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah playing with Philips and a kid in Bellingham, Rice is sort of forced to carry that midfield in a lot of aspects. Bellingham sort of a passenger last night and Philips is a bit average and doesn't do a whole lot in terms of help his team keep things ticking over in what you'd think would be his main strength. Coming into a midfield with Ødegaard and Xhaka/Partey would be different.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Yeah playing with Philips and a kid in Bellingham, Rice is sort of forced to carry that midfield in a lot of aspects. Bellingham sort of a passenger last night and Philips is a bit average and doesn't do a whole lot in terms of help his team keep things ticking over in what you'd think would be his main strength. Coming into a midfield with Ødegaard and Xhaka/Partey would be different.

Baffles me that Kalvin Phillips walks into the England Team with so much limited football in the last 2 years.
Southgate is a ****in idiot.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Bellingham is wishlist stuff. He's going to Real. Every top club in the world will be queuing up for him, we can't compete at that level financially or status wise.

He's one of the most gifted teenagers I've ever seen though. Pretty much guaranteed to be elite bar injuries.

Rice isn't that level of talent but still very good with room to improve.

You've got to be semi realistic with who you want / expect Arsenal to sign.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Partly is better at evading the press (almost Torreira like) and a better dribbler than Casemiro.

Ro counter it Partey also gives away posseion often (some very sloppy in vulnerable positions) and doesn't have the positional awareness that Casemiro has.
Like Torreira? Really?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Like Torreira? Really?

Torrieria was excellent at evading the press. I find it weird that a lot of the fans that rate Partey so highly due to being very good at evading the press also didn't give Torrieria for ability to do this also.

Tir Na Nog

Baffles me that Kalvin Phillips walks into the England Team with so much limited football in the last 2 years.
Southgate is a ****in idiot.

In fairness there's not a great deal of alternatives. Henderson offers less technical security, Gallagher again doesn't really dictate or anything like that. Ward-Prowse is the only name I can think of but Southgate likes the defensive attributes of Philips. It's an area England really lack and have done for such a long time now.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So kalvin Phillips and Bellingham are poor players now. I guess he had to carry them like he carries West Ham. Poor guy no one in this world is on his level and he has to always carry players

Tir Na Nog

So kalvin Phillips and Bellingham are poor players now. I guess he had to carry them like he carries West Ham. Poor guy no one in this world is on his level and he has to always carry players

No Philips is a decent player but I feel playing both Rice and Philips is redundant especially the way Southgate uses Philips is in a role he doesn't excel in. England were a mess in the second half because of their midfields lack of ability to control the game. Whereas I was more on about Bellinghams age and his profile is more geared towards the end product than it is helping control things especially at this stage in his development. England needed a different profile in there, and with this profile we'd have possibly seen Rice have a bit more influence. Yesterday he was England's clear standout in a sense that he was doing most of the work and covering for the deficiencies of his two colleagues at least in the roles they were given, the majority of the blame tho is on Southgate and the ;ack of a tempo setter/technical leader in midfield.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No Philips is a decent player but I feel playing both Rice and Philips is redundant especially the way Southgate uses Philips is in a role he doesn't excel in. England were a mess in the second half because of their midfields lack of ability to control the game. Whereas I was more on about Bellinghams age and his profile is more geared towards the end product than it is helping control things especially at this stage in his development. England needed a different profile in there, and with this profile we'd have possibly seen Rice have a bit more influence. Yesterday he was England's clear standout in a sense that he was doing most of the work and covering for the deficiencies of his two colleagues at least in the roles they were given, the majority of the blame tho is on Southgate and the ;ack of a tempo setter/technical leader in midfield.
The reason why I’m not huge on Declan is because of his inability to control things. You seem to put all the controlling on others and not him. Italy didn’t turn up first half and England had no resistance. But when they started to play England lost all control.

Rice is great athlete and hard worker. But in terms of controlling, great passing and playmaking skills he is lacking

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
People talking about Rice being a baby in CM terms forget how much he's played already. Wouldn't mind him on a cheap as limited the donkey is but I'm positive his form will nosedive before he's 30, very few players who star in the PL from young have longevity

Tir Na Nog

The reason why I’m not huge on Declan is because of his inability to control things. You seem to put all the controlling on others and not him. Italy didn’t turn up first half and England had no resistance. But when they started to play England lost all control.

Rice is great athlete and hard worker. But in terms of controlling, great passing and playmaking skills he is lacking

Controlling games is a team effort tho and England have never been good at it under Southgate. Football is 11 v 11, you can't pin all the problems on a single player. Conversely, although they've been poor this season, for the season prior you could see how well the West Ham midfield functioned for the last few years even tho they were happy to let teams have possession at times by design they were capable of holding their own.

England in big games is not a fair way to judge Rice's ability to contribute in controlling games.

What I will give you is it is probably still a question mark with Rice at the highest level.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Controlling games is a team effort tho and England have never been good at it under Southgate. Football is 11 v 11, you can't pin all the problems on a single player. Conversely, although they've been poor this season, for the season prior you could see how well the West Ham midfield functioned for the last few years even tho they were happy to let teams have possession at times by design they were capable of holding their own.

England in big games is not a fair way to judge Rice's ability to contribute in controlling games.

What I will give you is it is probably still a question mark with Rice at the highest level.
Your post threw all blame on Phillips and Bellingham. That’s my whole point. People refuse to accept that there are question marks at the highest level

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Southgate is a disgrace really.

Doesn't matter who the are personnel, when we go up ahead against a good side Southgate's natural reaction is to sit on the lead and we end up dropping deeper and deeper until

The England midfield totally dominated the Italian one in the first half. Just happens that Southgate is a football terrorist.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I thought he had a very good game last night, and I'd argue that our midfield is better than England's, so he would probably thrive here.

The age is attractive. The Premier League experience is attractive. The fact that he can slot in from day one is attractive. It is a low risk transfer in that regard.

The only issue is the price. Can you strengthen the team more for the same amount?

Tir Na Nog

Yeah, Southgate is a disgrace really.

Doesn't matter who the are personnel, when we go up ahead against a good side Southgate's natural reaction is to sit on the lead and we end up dropping deeper and deeper until

The England midfield totally dominated the Italian one in the first half. Just happens that Southgate is a football terrorist.

It was the same as the Euros final. England were blowing Italy away and then 2nd half allowed Italy back into the game. For all the positives Southgate has done with England this issue keeps popping up in big games. Croatia too, they couldn't keep the ball.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

It was the same as the Euros final. England were blowing Italy away and then 2nd half allowed Italy back into the game. For all the positives Southgate has done with England this issue keeps popping up in big games. Croatia too, they couldn't keep the ball.

Yeah, Southgate cost us the Euro's final. You could see that Italy goal coming a mile off.

When you end up holding onto a lead after dropping that deep it's very difficult to build up any momentum in the match after you've conceded.

He's a nice guy and did a good job in terms of making the players enjoy playing international football again but from a tactical standpoint he's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom