• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arsenal are huge you can't escape an Arsenal jersey anywhere in the world, I've recently seen more Arsenal jersey than Uniteds recently, certainly in Africa
Which is why I find it funny when people try to downplay the popularity of Arsenal
Like for instance Bayern might be bigger in terms of success but I'm not sure they are bigger in size, after all popularity determines how big of a club you are imo

Despite our presence online, you see it a lot in how youtubers want to involve us in their video titles for example, Im quite disappointed to see how poorly represented we are on the socials.

If you look at our instagram, twitter, facebook, tik tok and reddit platforms, we lag the other sides a bit too much. We need to fix that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It also makes sense because we lose height with Xhaka leaving. We can't have another midget in midfield, it would expose us when defending set pieces.

Rice is also perfect for the double pivot if we move to a 3-2-4-1, where Zinchenko/ESR (+?) play next to Ødegaard.
Yeah, it's a good point. Arsenal doesn't have too many good long ball targets further up the field.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's not really jealousy Arsenal fans are genuinely idiots. The was another Arsenal fan on the same podcast called Specs who 100% agreed with him.

Everyone knows about Arsenal fans tbh. Well, except Arsenal fans.
Think a lot of it comes from the attitudes of city people. Londoners, like many other people from big cities think they have more importance than everyone else in the country.

Having lived in a few different counties I experienced it in Madrid and Sydney. In NI its the same in Belfast. Like an attitude that everyone else is a second class citizen if you aren't from the city.

You actually get it from people who aren't from London but happen to live there. When you meet old school friends in the bar at Christmas back home the first thing they say is "How are you, where are you working now, I'm living and working in London now". Like a status thing. Little do they tell you at 35 they are still sharing a house with half a dozen others.

Combined with the fact that we had one of the first foreign managers, a team full of foriegn players back then, and we were showing the league there was another style to football you can see why it would have annoyed people. And often we complained about the rough English, physical style.

AFTV also created a lot of false perceptions on Arsenal fans.

The, what I would deem, majority of Arsenal fans from normal working class backgrounds that I know are all sound blokes.

benjamin86

Established Member
It is all true though.
Prem is harder to win than the Champions league. I think the biggest issue with Bayern is the bundesliga isn't an interesting league with Bayern winning their 11th title in a row this year and almost half in the history of the competition. (We're in danger of City doing similar here tbh)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We gonna start admitting he’s overrated now?

I'd believe him to be honest, as he sees him on the training field and on the pitch more than we do.

Sure the Rodri argument may be a bit much, but other than that, why not.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

When Antonio explained it, Rice definitely does some things better than Rodri. Whilst Rodri is better at some major things, Antonio's argument was name something Rodri has that Rice doesn't. Also barefaced said he's in a better team.

I still think a lot of it is cause he's his friend and team mate though.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Think a lot of it comes from the attitudes of city people. Londoners, like many other people from big cities think they have more importance than everyone else in the country.

I have uncles in Africa and you see a lot of American's on forums and reddit with their burger takes saying the most regarding Arsenal so I am not sure that really explains it.

I really just think it's an Arsenal thing. City will have this same presence and arrogance down the line though probably. The younger kids today don't really talk about Arsenal with chest like that.

Arsenal only became attractive to Rice after this season and our young player strategy, he was angling for a Chelsea move for years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When Antonio explained it, Rice definitely does some things better than Rodri. Whilst Rodri is better at some major things, Antonio's argument was name something Rodri has that Rice doesn't. Also barefaced said he's in a better team.

It true though in terms of teams. Rodri is literally playing with the elite. Every pass to him is on point. Weight, direction. Rodri is very rarely under the cosh. Not because he's excellent at his job (he is the best in the league imo), but his team aren't ever under sustained pressure.

Rice on the other hand has a difficult game 80% of the season. Maybe even more. He is literally having to be all over the place as his team mates aren't at his level.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I have uncles in Africa and you see a lot of American's on forums and reddit with their burger takes saying the most regarding Arsenal so I am not sure that really explains it.

I really just think it's an Arsenal thing. City will have this same presence and arrogance down the line though probably. The younger kids today don't really talk about Arsenal with chest like that.

Arsenal only became attractive to Rice after this season and our young player strategy, he was angling for a Chelsea move for years.
Hard to judge Arsenal fans based on a few kids on Reddit though. You don't even know their level of support or if they are even genuine.

Growing up in the UK in the 90s/00s the only team I know, whose fans were arrogant, was United.

Arsenal fans had nothing to be arrogant about really.

benjamin86

Established Member
Despite our presence online, you see it a lot in how youtubers want to involve us in their video titles for example, Im quite disappointed to see how poorly represented we are on the socials.

If you look at our instagram, twitter, facebook, tik tok and reddit platforms, we lag the other sides a bit too much. We need to fix that.
Latte Firm is the only good Arsenal fan youtube I can think of. They're just normal fans with a fairly balanced view, unlike the rest of those other channels that are verging on bipolar.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Yeah the funny thing is no one would do the same for managers. Like say someone claims Thomas Frank or Marco Silva are better managers than Arteta considering club means size etc they'd get laughed out of town, people frothing at the mouth explaining how these other guys couldn't possibly deal with big club pressure massive egos etc like Arteta does.

Rice comes along and all of a sudden it's the opposite, he's hindered by his idiotic team mates, no big fish small pond ting moving to a bigger club would make him an even bigger fish etc. It's just people trying to give their personal preferences a rational coating, everyone does that but really with Rice it's so blatantly over the top it just looks ridiculous most of the time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
English players tend to be afraid of leaving their fish and chips. But i dont think Bayern actually want him. He is not a great player.
Tuchel wants him because he’s seen him firsthand.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A lot of it's just general online vs real life I think.

95% of Arsenal fan I know in real life are sound, reasonable fans.

Online it's maybe a bit different. You're more likely to voice more extreme opinions in that forum because it's fairly anonymous. It's not real life. Stuff like AFTV doesn't help our reputation either.

I do think there's some truth to Arsenal fans being a bit high and mighty about doing things 'The right way' though.

To play devils advocate it's easy to turn your nose up and be dismissive of other clubs when you've won what we've won over the past 25 odd years and in the style we have.

I can see why it winds up fans of other clubs who haven't experienced winning things when we complain about them spending silly money or playing a style of football we don't deem acceptable.

We shouldn't forget, In the grand scheme of things Arsenal are English footballing aristocracy. We're not some underdog club trying to go toe to toe with the big boys.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah the funny thing is no one would do the same for managers. Like say someone claims Thomas Frank or Marco Silva are better managers than Arteta considering club means size etc they'd get laughed out of town, people frothing at the mouth explaining how these other guys couldn't possibly deal with big club pressure massive egos etc like Arteta does.

Rice comes along and all of a sudden it's the opposite, he's hindered by his idiotic team mates, no big fish small pond ting moving to a bigger club would make him an even bigger fish etc. It's just people trying to give their personal preferences a rational coating, everyone does that but really with Rice it's so blatantly over the top it just looks ridiculous most of the time.

Yeah the love in is a bit much for me. It was like this with Partey when he was at Athletico though admittedly, it's just like this with big name signings.

We've all seen Rice even if only against Arsenal so there is slightly less hype and more grounded takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom