• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why we can’t just keep both for their experience + they’ve both already played in the CL and sign two midfielders in addition to them.

I think that was one of the things we got horribly wrong when we shifted the likes of Vieira, Gilberto, Pires etc during those years when we moved to the Emirates. Ideally we should have just kept them and let them battle it out with those coming through but it was understandable back then as the finances were tight.
Xhaka wants to leave and Partey it's just most of us hoping I guess. Quality wise there's about 0% chance we replace him adequately but for a number of reasons he needs to go.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I’d say injuries are the only thing he needs to worry about because even if he loses the ball, he’ll get the Ramsdale treatment.

We’ve had to deal with his stinkers on and off the pitch + his papa, I’m sure Rice can’t reach those levels.

What's the Ramsdale treatment bro?

Constantly slagged off by clowns on here everytine he makes an error🤣

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Rice is an upgrade on Xhaka in the medium and long term, while being able to closely match him in the short term at the very least (short term meaning next season).

Xhaka wants a long contract, we can’t offer it, so we are bringing in a top midfielder profile and ability wise to come in. Rice will settle into this team and have levels to go up by if we sign him. He’s improved every season at a shoddy West Ham.

Also, players go up levels in better sides, as long as there is a position made for them there and the team is a well oiled machine they can slot into.

Probably wise this has successful signing written all over it.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Edu is rubbish at getting transfers over the line but the general transfer strategy makes sense.

Would be really stupid – even for him – if we can’t sign our other targets cos we didn’t realise the impact this 90-100M would have on the budget.
I don't think we want to overpay & have a limit. So in a way him not getting stuff over the line is that. See Mudryk.
Thing is the market is so inflated all the big clubs have dropped this kind of coin on a transfer now.
Biggest Arteta transfers have been TP & White.
Unfortunately 50m is starting to virtually look like chump change.

I think Rice has qualities we need, more so than Bellingham at the moment but do I think he is a 100m footballer nah.
But it is what it is, talk of 80m+ for Caciedo after one good season is ridiculous.

TP on his day imho is better than both. But they are younger & TP fell off a cliff at the end of last season, er has other issues & is injury prone.

Let's play Aubamawang

He was banging on this morning how because Kane is in Sp**s new shirt release he’s staying or some crap.

He then said how Bernardo Silva is mentally preparing his move to Barcelona as if he lives in his head.
If Kane chooses to stay at Sp**s when Real Madrid are interested in him, it says a lot about his winning mentality. Beat Shearer's record due to sheer number or PL games played, or compete to win the biggest prizes like he's claimed in the past? He'll win nothing at Sp**s lol.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne That Alex Crook gets good info from south coast sides. Bournemouth, Brighton etc. Was reliable with Ramsdale, White and Trossard. The Brighton CEO (Bloom’s jizz rag) always goes on there.

Can guarantee he’ll be one of the first on Rice as well as Talksport have good West Ham connections.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

amigo

Still struggling to get into this 100 mills for Rice argument. Are we sure for 50-60 million worldwide we could not find an as good central midfielder? Sometimes this "Premiership ready" stuff is overblown. the extra 50 million could get some other handy player or two or a young Brazilian prospect. Why are we even so worried that midfield is our biggest problem -is it because we are letting Xhaka go? 100 million should be giving you some game changing superstar...

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If that happens Edu has to go. No two ways about it. From feeding media we want both to not getting either is sackable offence.
Yeah also let’s not forget his big crime of buying 3 good players for Arteta in January who all contributed, or his biggest crime of not spending 80 million on a tosser with 12 goals in the Ukrainian league

Tnegs

Bayern and Utd are reportedly keen at about 90m so whether he’s worth it or not that is the market price for a guy like this. At about that price wouldn’t that make him their record transfer? Bayern aren’t exactly the biggest spenders in European football gotta be something special for them to be considering breaking their record over.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Still struggling to get into this 100 mills for Rice argument. Are we sure for 50-60 million worldwide we could not find an as good central midfielder? Sometimes this "Premiership ready" stuff is overblown. the extra 50 million could get some other handy player or two or a young Brazilian prospect. Why are we even so worried that midfield is our biggest problem -is it because we are letting Xhaka go? 100 million should be giving you some game changing superstar...

Yeah but I like the sound of having the future England captain in our team. Surely it must help with getting favorable referee decions and being more likeable in the media.

Farzad Stoned

Bayern and Utd are reportedly keen at about 90m so whether he’s worth it or not that is the market price for a guy like this. At about that price wouldn’t that make him their record transfer? Bayern aren’t exactly the biggest spenders in European football gotta be something special for them to be considering breaking their record over.
They aren’t buying him for 90 million @jones can vouch for his fellow Germans they are so tight with their money some of them are still holding on to Deutsche Marks for sentimental value and just in case.

Farzad Stoned

If i was Rice i would be looking at United; they have a real manager and with his contributions they would be much more competitive. Plus ETH has a chest full of medals and actually understands football tactics. If we don’t get Rice i see one of the 2 Manchester clubs as more likely; Germans are tighter with their money than the English

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This may sound silly to people who aren't interested in the English national side but Rice being the heir apparent as England captain would be a bonus to us.

You're looking at probably an extra 4-5 points a season in dodgy / debatable ref decisions just based on the England captaincy. It's been true from Shearer all the way through to Kane.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This may sound silly to people who aren't interested in the English national side but Rice being the heir apparent as England captain would be a bonus to us.

You're looking at probably an extra 4-5 points a season in dodgy / debatable ref decisions just based on the England captaincy. It's been true from Shearer all the way through to Kane.
Not sure, authorities were bending us over when Adams was captain. Before my time, but those were the stories.

Bellingham is probably the next captain too, I’m pretty sure. He’s in the Stevie G, Bryan Robson mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom