• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 734,262
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Before long, we're going to need another thread to keep up with the constantly changing avatars of @Rasmi. We've had Caicedo, Fiorentina's badge & now Romano.

I'm half-expecting Peter Hill-Wood to show up soon.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not really the thread for it but in terms of Partey I think the club are probably waiting to see what happens with the other stuff and will renew him for a year or two if the outcome is what most people think it will be. They're obviously not going to do anything prior to that. I don't see him leaving this summer and probably not next year either because that would mean Jorginho, Elneny and Partey all going in one summer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We all cheered when Partey scored that banger against Sp**s and quietly sat there as he helped us towards the title push. I think this sentiment of wishing him out is completely pointless now and fans need to just take his whole existence on the chin.

If it was as deep as we pretend we wouldn't have watched like some prominent members of the forum chose to do. If he is replaced for purely sporting reasons then fair dos, will be difficult though.
I wasn’t praising him, people can search through my posts if they want. Besides, I’ve been banging this drum for a while:

If the Italian interest is legit, we have a chance to refresh our midfield in preemptively before we let things decay like Liverpool. Arteta has been talking about pressing the “reset button” and I think radically changing the midfield is the goal.

Why wait? If people think second with the current team is our ceiling, why not try something different and see if it gets us closer to City?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Said it the other week but from watching some highlights this guy plays like a right sided Tavares. Everything looks a bit chaotic. I just don't see why Arteta would be interested when he has no time for a similar player.
That's a bad take mate. He plays nothing like Tavares. Boey's main attribute is his ability to defend and win duels, and he offers little offensively aside from his pace. Don't think he's an Arsenal player either, but nothing like Tavares. He's more like Wan Bissaka.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I wasn’t praising him, people can search through my posts if they want. Besides, I’ve been banging this drum for a while:

If the Italian interest is legit, we have a chance to refresh our midfield in preemptively before we let things decay like Liverpool. Arteta has been talking about pressing the “reset button” and I think radically changing the midfield is the goal.

Why wait? If people think second with the current team is our ceiling, why not try something different and see if it gets us closer to City?

Fair dos, contractually Partey replacement makes sense. I dunno if Rice takes us closer to City though it's more of a reset like Arteta correctly said especially if Xhaka and Partey are gutted out.

Rice in addition to the above, sure.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That clip is from 2021. Not even twisting words we outright lying now? :lol:
It’s relevant because we don’t know if 22/23 was Xhaka’s real level. If it’s not, then upgrading on him won’t be as tough as you think.

Partey is injury prone, always missing big games and he himself said his last season was a 4/10.
Last season being 21/22. I’m not gonna call 22/23 last season until the preseason begins, I’d still say “this season”.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Rice? Caicedo? Cancelo? Gundogan?

Just thinking back to previous transfer windows where we were linked with the likes of Ryan Fraser and Yannick Carrasco. And trying to convince ourselves Stephan Lichtsteiner could do a job 😭

I think it's one or the other regards Rice or Caicedo, I just can't see it being both, I'd love it to be. I reckon Rice is priority and Caicedo will end up at Chelsea.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Last season being 21/22. I’m not gonna call 22/23 last season until the preseason begins, I’d still say “this season”.
Why mention that season when we're discussing who should come in the summer? You wouldn't mention Martinellis 21/22 season to say it's easy to find a better LW than him now would you?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why mention that season when we're discussing who should come in the summer? You wouldn't mention Martinellis 21/22 season to say it's easy to find a better LW than him now would you?
I said we should get rid because this was the first season he played at a high level:

20/21- His first season wasn’t great
21/22- Rates the first half of his own season 4/10, missed a significant chunk of the run-in
22/23- The first time he’s played at the level you’d expect

One good season out of the three doesn’t make him irreplaceable to me

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I said we should get rid because this was the first season he played at a high level:

21/22- Rates the first half of his own season 4/10, missed a significant chunk of the run-in

And it's not even one good season. It's 2/3 or 3/4 of a good season. He was dreadful for the last 10 matches or so.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

His first season wasn't bad either. He was new in the league in a team that was garbage, not sure how that's relevant now.

I didn't say irreplaceable I explicitly said I want him replaced. I just said it will be very difficult to find someone who can offer what he does today.

If our midfield next season is Rice and Veiga we'll struggle to get CL, way too porous and no distribution in there.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Partey is a weird one for me. He'd deserve to be in the running for player of the season in normal circumstances as he was excellent for the most part.

Before this season I'd say he's been fairly underwhelming with injuries, inconsistent form etc. It was frustrating.

I'd probably have to put him down as a 6/10 transfer overall.

When he's fit and it the right mood he's top drawer but there have just been too many spells where he wasn't at the races, for one reason or another for me to put him down as an unambiguously successful signing.

Can we improve on peak Partey? No.
Can we improve on and have a more consistent performer than the Partey we've had for most of his time here? Yeah.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I didn't say irreplaceable I explicitly said I want him replaced. I just said it will be very difficult to find someone who can offer what he does today.
And my only point is that what he does today might be a flash in the pan. No guarantee he’ll play at this level for Arsenal again because this season is an outlier compared to the previous two.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Partey is a weird one for me. He'd deserve to be in the running for player of the season in normal circumstances as he was for the most part excellent.

Before this season I'd say he's been fairly underwhelming with injuries, inconsistent form etc. It was frustrating.

I'd probably have to put him down as a 6/10 transfer overall.

When he's fit and it the right mood he's top drawer but there have just been too many spells where he wasn't at the races, for one reason or another for me to put him down as an unambiguously successful signing.

Can we improve on peak Partey? No.
Can we improve on and have a more consistent performer than the Partey we've had for most of his time here? Yeah.

The last sentence here sums it up. You feel with Partey you are always waiting for that injury to come, because it always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom