• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dejan Kulusevski

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Compared to Norway and Finland, I'd say that is a fair assessment. Compared to Denmark, no.

Remember watching a YouTube video once where some Swedish chicks said that Swedes consider Danes to be like the cool older brother, Norwegians the annoying little brother and Finns the ret@rded cousin. I’m paraphrasing but those were roughly her precise words.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Remember watching a YouTube video once where some Swedish chicks said that Swedes consider Danes to be like the cool older brother, Norwegians the annoying little brother and Finns the ret@rded cousin. I’m paraphrasing but those were roughly her precise words.
I fear I've sadly derailed this thread, my apologies to fellow AM'ers. On the whole, I think you can say that the rest of the world see Scandinavia and the wider Nordic countries as more or less the same, while we see each other as *completely different*.

In a global perspective the similarities are obviously more conspicuous than the locally perceived peculiarities.

Now lets back on track on thread. My knowledge on Kulusevski is too poor to give an informed opinion, sadly.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

In general for football 1 Dane is worth 2 Norwegians, 3 Swedes and 39 Finns.
I know you lot have Haaland and Ødegaard now but I think your'e at least a couple of steps behind if you look at the entire history. :lol:
I'd say Danes and Swedes are about equal looking at the entire history. They have one Euros title but we have more success at the World Cup.

Of course this all depends on what scope we're looking at here. But I wouldn't rank Norway ahead regardless of what scope we're looking at.

Domestically though Denmark's league is absolutely better. I reckon the climate being suitable for football all year round helps a lot. Probably not a coincidence that our most succesful domestic team is the furthest south one.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I know you lot have Haaland and Ødegaard now but I think your'e at least a couple of steps behind if you look at the entire history. :lol:
I'd say Danes and Swedes are about equal looking at the entire history. They have one Euros title but we have more success at the World Cup.

Of course this all depends on what scope we're looking at here. But I wouldn't rank Norway ahead regardless of what scope we're looking at.

Domestically though Denmark's league is absolutely better. I reckon the climate being suitable for football all year round helps a lot. Probably not a coincidence that our most succesful domestic team is the furthest south one.
It was meant tongue in cheek.

I think winter sports might be a factor as well. I'd imagine many young Swedes will consider hockey as a sport. In Norway cross country skiing is more or less a religion. I don't see Denmark having a comparable winter sport, so football basically have no competition.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Hi, this should be posted in the 'Non-Arsenal Transfers' thread since this tweet is in regards to Sp**s wanting the player. If you need help with any more posting tips and tricks please just ask.

Kind regards,

OnlyOne -ModerationTeam
Where were you when people added two pages to the Vlahovic thread just because he scored a goal?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why would Juve sell him if he's good?
Not saying he is good but sometimes players don't work out at one club but do at another. This guy had a massive season with Palma and it hasn't worked out at Juventus.

I think the main issue with us going for him is that he's not going to get much more game time here - we'd need to sell Pepe and even then he'd been behind Saka and Ødegaard presumably. Doesn't seem a likely transfer really to me.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Why would Juve sell him if he's good?
He perhaps is not that good but has potential.
Its simple economics nowadays as the EPL teams have so much money they can out flex most teams in Europe.

Juve may be a massive club but they decided they needed to get Ronaldo off their books.
If they get offered a good fee for this kid & he is up for moving good chance it could happen .
He has played most games for them this season but only scored 1 goal.
Maybe they are looking to replace him with someone who gives them better numbers? They are currently outside the top 4.

tbf he cost them 35m euros so unless they are desperate they will be looking to get that back at least

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not saying he is good but sometimes players don't work out at one club but do at another. This guy had a massive season with Palma and it hasn't worked out at Juventus.

I think the main issue with us going for him is that he's not going to get much more game time here - we'd need to sell Pepe and even then he'd been behind Saka and Ødegaard presumably. Doesn't seem a likely transfer really to me.
Yes could be a decent replacement for pepe if we could shift him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom