• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dele Alli

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I’d feel bad for anyone who’s had such a massive fall from grace.

For me being a bit of a prick on the pitch doesn’t mean you’re a prick irl. Same thing you guys love Ben White for, no??

This is interesting, might drop some recent examples and see if you still think this, smh. :lol:

No, Dele Ali is a massive prick in real-life as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't say I've got a huge amount of sympathy for him. Seems a bit of a waster tbh. He's 27 next month, not like he's a teen.

If he's got issues, fair enough but he's in a position status and financially wise to be able to get the best help available.

Mourinho's talk with him in that All or Nothing documentary seems very on the nose now.
Poor post as usual, position of status and finances mean very little IF he is going through something.

He might not be going through anything and is just doing what he wants, which is then fair because you reap what you sow and that’s on him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Poor post as usual, position of status and finances mean very little IF he is going through something.

He might not be going through anything and is just doing what he wants, which is then fair because you reap what you sow and that’s on him.

It's where I disagree. There are plenty of people in the world who go through bad stuff that don't have the support structures or advantages to deal with their issues, that's where my sympathies lay generally.

I'm not going to spend too much time throwing a pity party for Alli in this situation, whatever is up with him seems to be a fairly long term issue and I can't imagine his clubs haven't tried to help him. He has pretty much every advantage possible to deal with whatever is up with him. He's obviously choosing not to address it, that's on him.

Could just be that he's given up on being a serious footballer anyway.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is interesting, might drop some recent examples and see if you still think this, smh. :lol:

No, Dele Ali is a massive prick in real-life as well.
Yh go on.

Any evidence he’s a massive prick in real life?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's where I disagree. There are plenty of people in the world who go through bad stuff that don't have the support structures or advantages to deal with their issues, that's where my sympathies lay generally.
Tbf he hasn’t really had a support structure:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is there something wrong with this? Are these gas balloons uk government want to ban?

That kinda depressing for him he just doesn't seem care anymore and im afraid even when he retire he'll waste all his money

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
In all fairness he just doesn't love football. The guy is made for life at 26. He can do whatever he wants as long as it doesn't hurt others.

Just because he was good at football doesn't mean he owes the sport anything.

And I hate this rat faced ****, fwiw.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Really painful and heartbreaking to listen to Deli's story. You dont wish this type of life on anyone.

But also quite brave of him to tell his story himself. Well done man. Credit to Gary Neville as well, this was well handled.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Always said there could be something going on with him, and it seems he’s opened up to Neville on The Overlap show.

Addiction to sleeping pills, having to go rehab, molestation as a child etc.
Yet you had people like @Blood on the Tracks telling him to basically shut up and dribble.

Sigh.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yet again an important reminder that footballers are simply human like the rest of us. One of these days something tragic is gonna happen and people are gonna shocked waffling on about the money they earn and stuff like that.

Hopefully Dele is in a better place and can overcome this, I don't think he'll ever get back to where he was but hopefully he can turn his career around somewhat and get back on track, but most important hopefully personally he can stay in a good place.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Must be doubly painful for Dele to have gone through all he's gone through but to then have his character questioned and constantly have his name dragged through the mud by the media, pundits, fans, etc without any of them fully understanding what's going on. People thinking they know and assuming he's just some guy who doesn't give a **** and is happy to waste his career when the reality could be further from the truth.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Never knew any of this about Alli to be honest. Sad to here from anybody, regardless of who they play or played for. I hope he can stay in a positive frame of mind.

Just not long ago finished reading the book about Robert Enke (a really worthwhile, but hard read I might add) and it goes to show that these guys are humans beings like everybody else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom