• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deloitte Money League | Arsenal 6th

Dj_sds

It's not a table/ranking based on assets it's a table ranking revenue generated in 2016-2017. It a list ranking the combination of commercial deals, matchday/gate receipts and tv revenue in world football not sure what you're talking about with stadium worth..

As I said in the other thread, Arsenal have the 6th highest revenue in world football yet we look likely to finish 6th in our domestic league, but people would have you believe we can't compete and that Wenger is doing a great job with the resources he has.

Matching supporters play literally the highest maychday experience in world football, but the club plays the broke card up ever day barring the opening of season ticket renewal time.

I wish i could double like. This post deserves a 100 likes!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thanks @Trilly & @reed I suppose I would class them that way as well.
Interesting what you mention with CHelsea Trill... They have spent a lot to bounce between Tier 1 & 2. Would it be different without them finishing so low under Mourinho?
Seems like that season did them some damage but you could argue they bounced back perfectly in winning the title.

I know a few chelsea fans and they've noticed a widening gap between themselves and the Manchester clubs. Roman is trying to go a bit more organic but the fans I know complain about their clubs lack of long-term planning/vision.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Squad value. As we've discussed many times cost does not take into account Monaco developing Mbappe into a 150m player. The value of that Monaco team was off the charts cost very little and won the league. It's now been broke up and they sit fourth.

I know you'll bring me to that table you did previously but I am concerned that table is skewed simply because as we've seen with Alexis his value halved due to contract length. If they have factored in his value in correlation to his contract as opposed to the 100m player he approximately should be then the value of our squad across the board is grossly undervalued due to mismanagement.
I've never used squad value, didn't you post that table :p

ClubLevel

Plus where did all those cash reserves go? Didn't we have £100m+ set aside if we need to spend it? Yet are penny pinching every window. I know £100m doesn't get you much these days (should have invested in the squad) but its hardly small change either.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've never used squad value, didn't you post that table :p
I used squad value and then you linked me to that table highlighting that even by that measure we were behind the other 5 English teams. Just using a bit of hindsight to analyse where the table has gone wrong.

On a previous discussion we've had its great to see Wenger come out and say the stadium is still holding us back. How the 390m plus we've spent on it to date isn't considered as expenditure when looking at what we've spent is beyond it. It's what we've spent the most on in the last two decades and it has been stated at multiple times within that period it's restricted us. It's a unique situation for us that cannot be not considered.

TheArsenalis

Our season is not over. we still have alot to play for. we wont win the league but we can finish the season proud. league, europa cup. a good run. lets do it guys.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Our season is not over. we still have alot to play for. we wont win the league but we can finish the season proud. league, europa cup. a good run. lets do it guys.
In a league with 6 of the top 15 or 20 teams in the world, ‘secondary’ cups take on far more imporatance. Taking down both of the above (specifically EL due to the CL berth that we probably won’t nab the usual way), would be a very tidy return on the season.

RoadrunnerReloaded

This definitely shows we have the money to compete with Chelsea. Heck, if our management hadn't been incompetent on the commercial side the last 10 years we would probably be straight richer than Chelsea now that Roman isn't spunking money on players anymore.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This definitely shows we have the money to compete with Chelsea. Heck, if our management hadn't been incompetent on the commercial side the last 10 years we would probably be straight richer than Chelsea now that Roman isn't spunking money on players anymore.

I don’t know why people say stuff like this. You really don’t know what was possible commercially for us.

These tables arouse a lot of misinformation and misconceptions.

Chelsea's revenue is lower than our since last season they didn't have Champions League. They also have, for now, a smaller ground than we do. And Sp**s may potentially rival us, since their match-day revenue will increase with their new stadium.

However, no matter how much money we make, it's not that simple in terms of buying players. City and Chelsea have been given ultra-low cost loans to buy players, from the Shekih and Abramovich as part of their holding companies. We are part of a holding company (KSE) but then we don't get any help from Stan whatsoever.

And cash reserves, again it's not that simple. Who knows if we have to keep x amount in the bank? Maybe there is interest if we have to use it to buy players? Maybe it's mostly for day to day operations/renumerations, and not for spending on players?

We can spend more, but then there are reasons why other clubs spend more. PSG is another doped-up club, and United have the commercial revenue to buy big, as do Real Madrid and Barca. Liverpool is interesting, and they've spent more than we have and their revenues are smaller.

Makavelii

Anyone know why our revenue is so low compared to the other big 6 in the EPL?

I understand that recent years we've missed out on CL football. But CL only earns you around €15-25 million pounds generally.
How are we closer to 100-400 million behind the other top 6?
Anyone have an understanding of what exactly the difference coming from?

EPL Big 6 2022 revenue:
1) City: €731m
2) Liverpool: €701m
3) United: €688m
4) Chelsea: €568m
5) Tottensperm: €523m
6) Arsenal: €433m
Sources:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Anyone know why our revenue is so low compared to the other big 6 in the EPL?

I understand that recent years we've missed out on CL football. But CL only earns you around €15-25 million pounds generally.
How are we closer to 100-400 million behind the other top 6?
Anyone have an understanding of what exactly the difference coming from?

EPL Big 6 2022 revenue:
1) City: €731m
2) Liverpool: €701m
3) United: €688m
4) Chelsea: €568m
5) Tottensperm: €523m
6) Arsenal: €433m
Sources:
CL revenues are significantly more than 15-20m, I think you’re only thinking about prize money? There’s 4-5 different components. This link shows how city made 80m ish back in 2019. Will be much higher now.

On top of the above, the clubs also make matchday revenue from CL games based on tickets sold etc. I’d expect CL game tickets to be sold at a premium to what we sold Europa game seats for.

Even after all that Arsenal has dropped down on revenues though. Our sponsorship deals are cheaper than our “rivals”. Now that our results have turned on the pitch and we have genuinely marketable stars like Saka I would expect our next batch of sponsorship deals to be much higher and we should meaningfully close this revenue gap. Let’s see…

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
CL revenues are significantly more than 15-20m, I think you’re only thinking about prize money? There’s 4-5 different components. This link shows how city made 80m ish back in 2019. Will be much higher now.

On top of the above, the clubs also make matchday revenue from CL games based on tickets sold etc. I’d expect CL game tickets to be sold at a premium to what we sold Europa game seats for.

Even after all that Arsenal has dropped down on revenues though. Our sponsorship deals are cheaper than our “rivals”. Now that our results have turned on the pitch and we have genuinely marketable stars like Saka I would expect our next batch of sponsorship deals to be much higher and we should meaningfully close this revenue gap. Let’s see…

Utd finished second in the league in 2020/21 and then made the last 16 in the Champions League the following season and got around €80m, so that would be a rough estimate of what we'd be looking at if we get out of the group. Commercial sponsorship deals have Champions League bonuses in them as well so that would increase revenue. No doubt our revenue will be over €500m for the 2023/24 season.

Makavelii

That helps a lot. Thanks.

Seems like it comes to around £50-80 million for English clubs who make it to the CL (not including matchday rev). Maybe a bit more in 2023.

That certainly explains a lot more. But I still can't fathom how City, Liverpool and United are earning around £300 million more than us. City are not that far off doubling our revenue.
Our sponsorship deals must be attrocious.

Top Bottom