• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If Arsenal could get this guy for £14 million I think that would be a very opportunistic signing. He played for Emery at Sevilla (on loan from Barcelona) and was excellent. He scored a vital goal in their Europa League run. At 24, he's still young and just needs to play regularly.

Plutarch

People seem to have very different opinions about how good he is. I don't know what he's like, but I wonder why a lot of fans don't seem to rate him highly.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
People seem to have very different opinions about how good he is. I don't know what he's like, but I wonder why a lot of fans don't seem to rate him highly.

He's an attacking midfielder, rather in the mold of a David Silva. He's very talented, as he proved at Sevilla and Villarreal, but because he hasn't been able to break through into the first XI at Barcelona these past 2-plus seasons reactionary fans label him as not being very good.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Would be a good addition to the squad, although i was hoping for a bigger name perhaps if it's a straight Ramsey replacement. Would be excellent if he was a direct replacement for Elneny.

I trust Emery and Sven though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He's an attacking midfielder, rather in the mold of a David Silva. He's very talented, as he proved at Sevilla and Villarreal, but because he hasn't been able to break through into the first XI at Barcelona these past 2-plus seasons reactionary fans label him as not being very good.

He's an attacking mid in the mold of Iwobi. Talented, good on the ball but inconsistent and frustrating. He's terrible in the midfield, not that bad as a playmaking left winger, but he won't be an upgrade from Iwobi in anyway. I have a hard time understanding what he provides to us that our current players couldn't.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well Emery knows him from his time at Sevilla where he played 46 appearances during their campaign which they won the EL and finished 5th in La Liga (only 2 points behind Simeone's Atletico who were defending the title). He played 20 times as an attacking midfielder in 31 league appearances so I assume that's what Emery would see his best role as.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Well Emery knows him from his time at Sevilla where he played 46 appearances during their campaign which they won the EL and finished 5th in La Liga (only 2 points behind Simeone's Atletico who were defending the title). He played 20 times as an attacking midfielder in 31 league appearances so I assume that's what Emery would see his best role as.

He would probably be considered as a direct Ramsey replacement that can also chip in at left wing? For the reported price I wouldn’t be against it, you have to be quality if your’re playing for Barca.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He's an attacking mid in the mold of Iwobi. Talented, good on the ball but inconsistent and frustrating. He's terrible in the midfield, not that bad as a playmaking left winger, but he won't be an upgrade from Iwobi in anyway. I have a hard time understanding what he provides to us that our current players couldn't.

"In the mold of" is not a comparison of the players' level of play, but rather style of play. We can disagree on his level of talent, but had you seen him play for Emery at Sevilla you might have a different opinion of him.

That said, from an analytical perspective, here are his OptaPro measures based on his most recent 1,000 minutes in La Liga for Barcelona.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-15-at-12-11-38-PM.png

And here are Iwobi's.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-15-at-12-12-31-PM.png

So from an analytical point of view, Suarez is definitely an upgrade on Iwobi.

And while we're at it, we might as well do Ramsey.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-15-at-12-20-29-PM.png

scytheavatar

Established Member
We can disagree on his level of talent, but had you seen him play for Emery at Sevilla you might have a different opinion of him.

Have you seen him play in Barca? He's absolutely dreadful, the amount of times he gives the ball away is unbelievable. Plenty of players shine in lesser clubs yet choke in the higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom