• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Aubameyang was exciting. Torreria looked good in his cameos in the World Cup, but doubt many expected him to have the impact that he has had. Most seemed to think Sokratis was washed up in here. Up until 45 minutes a go the vine was the same for Suarez.

I'm saying I want more signings of this profile, as well as the I'd Auna and Özil. I want Suarez in.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Might just be speaking for myself here but I thought that Torreira was an incredibly exciting signing.

Top young talent and we’d needed a player of his ilk for so long.

I did as well, but I had watched him play in Italy so I wasn't coming into it cold. I get those who didn't really know him before the Arsenal links and the World Cup not really knowing what to make of it.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Actually can't believe we don't have 10m to scrape together. Seeing our fans blindly accept this and talk about our dealings as though we are some kind of cash-strapped version of WBA is ****ing revolting.

As for Suarez himself, the first time I ever watched him as a youngster I googled him during the match because he was impressing me a hell of a lot. Not the complete player... not an elite player; but this lad is being severely underrated by Arsenal fans. Those sticking their nose up at this deal in the early stages need to have a word with themselves tbh.

I'm surprised we are the only ones in for him to be honest and kinda just want to get this over the line. I think Sp**s and Man United could greatly benefit from him and would not be one bit surprised if they nab him from us by offering Barcelona real, tangible cash money.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Actually can't believe we don't have 10m to scrape together. Seeing our fans blindly accept this and talk about our dealings as though we are some kind of cash-strapped version of WBA is ****ing revolting.

As for Suarez himself, the first time I ever watched him as a youngster I googled him during the match because he was impressing me a hell of a lot. Not the complete player... not an elite player; but this lad is being severely underrated by Arsenal fans. Those sticking their nose up at this deal in the early stages need to have a word with themselves tbh.

I'm surprised we are the only ones in for him to be honest and kinda just want to get this over the line. I think Sp**s and Man United could greatly benefit from him and would not be one bit surprised if they nab him from us by offering Barcelona real, tangible cash money.

It's not that Arsenal doesn't have the money. They have plenty of money. The problem is that they're right up against the Short-Term Cost Control limits under Financial Fair Play. They can only exceed the £7 million wage increase cap if they generate increased revenue from commercial income, player trading and match day income. Once they get to summer and have the new sponsorship deals in place, they'll have plenty of cap space and plenty to spend (especially if they get back in the Champions League). But right now they have to be creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom