• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Free loan with optional buy clause.. let's make sure Barca pays his wages in full as well while were at it.

Jesus Christ get him or someone else in. It's not like we're debating over buying Messi here, surely these negotiations can go faster? We could use him vs. Chelsea.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What is the point of an obligation to buy. The whole point of loaning the player is that we don't want to buy him. Do Barcelona not get that? I don't mind a small loan fee, but if we agree on that obligation then we are stupid.

neimad

What is the point of an obligation to buy. The whole point of loaning the player is that we don't want to buy him. Do Barcelona not get that? I don't mind a small loan fee, but if we agree on that obligation then we are stupid.

The point is we need to sell a few players to free up wages (apparently). This will be done in the summer when the market is more favourable. Barca don't want to loan him for the sake of it and if he does well we might be very happy with that clause too.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

He will have one year left on his contract once the loan has ended so they’re only doing what’s best for themselves. If he has a rubbish loan spell he returns not being worth as much and they’re stuck with a player who can leave for free in 12 months. If he has a very good loan spell with either an optional or mandatory clause at the numbers reported we will end up buying him at a fee considered cheap. Both clubs are protecting their own interests.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The point is we need to sell a few players to free up wages (apparently). This will be done in the summer when the market is more favourable. Barca don't want to loan him for the sake of it and if he does well we might be very happy with that clause too.
Don't we pay the wages while there is a loan though? How does that solve our problem?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don't we pay the wages while there is a loan though? How does that solve our problem?

I was reading about the ffp stuff yesterday and the way it was worded made it seem like they only take into account the salary of players contracted to the club.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I was reading about the ffp stuff yesterday and the way it was worded made it seem like they only take into account the salary of players contracted to the club.
I suppose that could make sense as we're not tied to those wages for a set period other than the loan period.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Yeah, this "We can't afford to buy in Jan" has been taken out of context, more like "We are not allowed to buy in Jan!" I think you're right, its FFP that is stopping us due our salaries cant increase.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Yeah, this "We can't afford to buy in Jan" has been taken out of context, more like "We are not allowed to buy in Jan!" I think you're right, its FFP that is stopping us due our salaries cant increase.

Sad how we’re always strictly in line with regulations while others are bending the rules to suit their needs and thus gaining an increment advantage.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Sad how we’re always strictly in line with regulations while others are bending the rules to suit their needs and thus gaining an increment advantage.

Stan is never going to sponsor us with Walmart or something so he can inject money in, which as far as I understand is the only way he could get away with doing so? We're all anti Stan but I'll admit I don't actually know how he can inject money with the current regulations?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Not sold on him at all. He's a good dribbler but not amazing. He lacks the pace and athleticism for this league.

In terms of in game intelligence, the only thing similar to iniesta is his stature, but his no where near the level of Santi or Silva and miles behind iniesta.

Great squad player, but then what will happen when Nelson comes back? His ceiling his far higher imo.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Broke! We can’t even afford a loan for Denis Suarez :lol: :lol:

The FFP is a sham. The rich get richer and the poor are restricted.

It’s ridiculous how teams like PSG & Man City can pump money through their shirt sponsor. Although it wouldn’t have made a difference with us, Kroenke is a ******* rat who isn’t going to invest a penny into the club.

This self sustaining model is rubbish. We’ve also fvcked up with signings over the past couple of years and our wage structure for players like Özil, Mustafi, Mkhitaryan etc.

It’s going to take Kroenke being forced out of the club for us to be challenging again IMO.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Broke! We can’t even afford a loan for Denis Suarez :lol: :lol:

The FFP is a sham. The rich get richer and the poor are restricted.

It’s ridiculous how teams like PSG & Man City can pump money through their shirt sponsor. Although it wouldn’t have made a difference with us, Kroenke is a ******* rat who isn’t going to invest a penny into the club.

This self sustaining model is rubbish. We’ve also fvcked up with signings over the past couple of years and our wage structure for players like Özil, Mustafi, Mkhitaryan etc.

It’s going to take Kroenke being forced out of the club for us to be challenging again IMO.

He will never get forced out. I'd actually say our business in the transfer market has been the biggest issue of all by far. How will we get rid of Mhki? Or Mustafi? Or Özil? Lost million and millions from letting players go for free. If we sold Ramsey and Welbeck maybe we'd have a real CB right now but no.

Jack_The_Lad

It's funny how everyone is complaining that we should just pay this and that, just so we get a new player but at the same time everyone is lamenting all the **** players we bought for stupid amounts of money. If any one of you were in the negotiation's team we'd be bent over even more as we've been in the past. just let the recruitment guys do their job ffs. at least they are trying to get the best possible deal for the club and not just go out there and splash cash around for some dross we won't be needing in the future! I can already hear all of you complaining about not getting rid of players or making a huge loss again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom