• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dennis Praet

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Decent player but ultimately uninspiring. Not enough of a goal/assists threat at #10, isn't a destroyer/ball-winner and isn't a distributor either. Hard to know what function he serves in an Emery 4-2-3-1.
Yeah, he is just pretty much a more fancy Elneny.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Decent player but ultimately uninspiring. Not enough of a goal/assists threat at #10, isn't a destroyer/ball-winner and isn't a distributor either. Hard to know what function he serves in an Emery 4-2-3-1.
For a team of our quality compared to Sampdoria he seems more like a Xhaka replacement than a Ramsey replacement. Looks very solid but nothing special in the final third

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

He's not a No. 10. Think of him more as a quicker, more mobile, more active Xhaka who is able to dribble and move the ball forward while being more intelligent, less prone to big mistakes and better on the press. He would probably play in a 3-man midfield in a 4-3-3 (he and Torreira were teamed in a 4-3-1-2 at Sampdoria, quite successfully). Arsenal may want him to improve on his goalscoring and assist record, but that's not really the major point.

TornadoTed

Established Member
4-3-1-2 could work for us because lets face it Özil isn't leaving and he is a good a player even if he is inconsistent as hell to not use at all.

Torreira Praet Xhaka
Özil
Laca Auba

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
4-3-1-2 could work for us because lets face it Özil isn't leaving and he is a good a player even if he is inconsistent as hell to not use at all.

Torreira Praet Xhaka
Özil
Laca Auba

Don't even think Özil is a good player anymore, since that should be rated from consistency. Need something new and more hungry

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Isn't that the kind of player we should be looking for though? Especially with Ramsey and Özil both on the way out.

I could see us bringing in ACM as that player to add goals/assists from the midfield, behind the strikers is his best position, apparently. So it's possible Praet could be a Xhaka replacement.

However who knows, we'll see.

Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Torreira Praet Xhaka
Özil
Laca Auba

But aren't we in desperate need for a wide attacking player. This is back to narrow football as with 4 in the back it may be harder for the wing backs to make those runs forward and us being defensively solid too.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Isn't that the kind of player we should be looking for though? Especially with Ramsey and Özil both on the way out.

It depends. If Xhaka leaves, Praet would provide a more well-rounded replacement. If Xhaka stays, he would be a more well-rounded replacement for Elneny. He wouldn't be replacing Ramsey or Özil. He would just be giving Arsenal another option in central midfield.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Torreira Praet Xhaka
Özil
Laca Auba

I've thought about that. Özil or not, it would be a way of keeping Aubameyang and Lacazette together without moving one of them wide (I mean, Aubameyang ends up in there anyway, so it maybe doesn't matter). But if Carrasco comes, he would be a player for the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. But it could be something Emery might experiment with at times.

TornadoTed

Established Member
But aren't we in desperate need for a wide attacking player. This is back to narrow football as with 4 in the back it may be harder for the wing backs to make those runs forward and us being defensively solid too.

I totally agree, it wouldn't be my choice of formation at all but we have several big problems.

2 of our best players are strikers
Özil is most likely staying
Xhaka isn't dynamic enough for a 2 man midfield, his limitations may be covered better in a 3 man midfield

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I totally agree, it wouldn't be my choice of formation at all but we have several big problems.

2 of our best players are strikers
Özil is most likely staying
Xhaka isn't dynamic enough for a 2 man midfield, his limitations may be covered better in a 3 man midfield

If it is 4 3 1 2 where is the creativity coming from? Özil isn't the one. So if we are playing this system we need a new number 10.

It can't come too much from full backs because kolasinac can't play in a 4. Bellerin may not be back to after the start of the season. AMN in a back 4 im not sure.

If we do play 4 and let our full backs bomb and say a Xhaka drops into the back to form a 3 during a counter attack again we are left with Xhaka responsible for tracking and defender. He can't turn or move direction quickly which counter attacks usually involve. Sokratis over 5 or 6 yards is ok but more again dodgy. Holding isn't exactly quick either.

Hard to know what way things will pan out.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
At the risk of breaking the "He's ****! Poverty player!" monotony, Mahith Gamage spent some time actually analyzing several Sampdoria games and gives his opinion on what Praet and Andersen would bring to the Arsenal team.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If it is 4 3 1 2 where is the creativity coming from? Özil isn't the one. So if we are playing this system we need a new number 10.

We are stuck with Özil until the end of his contract so I'm just trying to work out how we can make the best of a complete cluster **** of a situation. I don't see us signing another number 10 while he is here and I also don't see us letting a £350k player rot in the reserves. I have the feeling he will feature as much next season as this season so I'm just trying to work out how we negate that sad possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom