• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Did we do good business last summer?

Was the summer business good?

• Yes

Votes: 54 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 28.0%

• Total voters

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's too soon to definitively say I think.

Tierney and Martinelli very good. Ceballos distinctly average (1 g, 1 a, 1 big chance). Pepe underwhelming but showing good signs for next season. If Pepe kicks on it'll have been a very good window. Luiz I didn't like as a buy. Hoped we could've done better, but perhaps we were really scraping at the bottle of the barrel by that point.

Also important: we didn't get rid of nearly as much deadwood as I had hoped. Selling Elneny and Mustafi would've made the summer better already, using it to fund a better CB than Luiz would've helped a lot.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Chelsea, United, Sp**s, Leicester, wolves are all very good teams and better than the ones Wenger had to face. Every pl team has money now and there are very few freebies. League is at a much higher level tactically now, was embarrassing seeing Wenger outcoached every game near his end.
You can't be serious. Wenger had to face Chelsea, United and City at their peak, outspending him 10 or 11 times. And Leicester beat every other top 6 side in their winning run, except Arsenal who beat them home and away. They're not as good now as that Kante, Mahrez side and we're three places below them. :lol:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
They were better than the likes of villa and Everton it’s not debatable
Heck even Leicester were better back then let alone Man unt, Chelsea etc.
The made up narratives people use to bring down Wenger.... smh

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

"Fantastic window" but we're in the worst league position for 25 years.

LG10

You can't be serious. Wenger had to face Chelsea, United and City at their peak, outspending him 10 or 11 times. And Leicester beat every other top 6 side in their winning run, except Arsenal who beat them home and away. They're not as good now as that Kante, Mahrez side and we're three places below them. :lol:
But the 3 you mentioned were fighting for titles, we were fighting for top 4. All I’ve said was there was much less competition getting top 4 in the Wenger era which is without a doubt true.

Don’t like having a go at our greatest manager but the nonsense you and others have been spouting has been unbearable.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
But the 3 you mentioned were fighting for titles, we were fighting for top 4. All I’ve said was there was much less competition getting top 4 in the Wenger era which is without a doubt true.

Don’t like having a go at our greatest manager but the nonsense you and others have been spouting has been unbearable.
We had to finish top of the 3 team Arsenal, Everton, Sp**s league :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We've just won a cup with a worse team than Wenger ever assembled...

You ok mate?
Yes mate, hows the pooch? Mines calming down, thank ****. Not munching my hands as much either. 9 months and counting.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If two teams like Sp**s and Arsenal drop out of the top 6 by under performing and having problems, two other teams are bound to take their place. That's how leagues work. It doesn't mean there's more competition.

If other teams were really rising to the top and challenging the top 6 then Liverpool and City would not be smashing records with their points totals over the last 3 years. The bottom line here is that Liverpool have risen to challenge City, United and Chelsea have lost ground and Arsenal and Sp**s have even more problems. Read @Rex Banter 's post above to see how our metrics have dropped badly.

Show me the evidence that this is nonsense or stop your arrogance. I'm happy to consider it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jesus, mine gets kibble, I need to up my game or he won't reach 10. :lol:
Kibble is perfect for puppies. Steak would probably come straight out all over the carpet :facepalm: I should have said rump steak, not fillet. I ain't that stupid, or rich. He may have been deficient in iron because he seems livelier on it. 3 times a week with his normal 'Lily's Kitchen' tin food.

Top Bottom