• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Carlos

ChefMan21

Probably need one more CB on top of Saliba:
  • Mustafi, Mari, are out with long-term injuries
  • Sokratis, Chambers, probably heading toward the departure lounge.
Saliba, Holding, Luiz, doesn't really fill me with great confidence if we're to get some momentum going in a few short weeks. Certainly not my first choice, but we do need some experience and quality at CB ahead of next season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We are looking pretty stocked if we get the defensive peckin order right

LB/ LWB- Tierney
Backnup Kola and Saka

RB/ RWB - Chambers
Backed up by AMN and Cedric

LCB: Holding and Mari both good CBs fighting it out for this role.

RCB:Saliba
Backed up by : Sokratis

We also have Mavro on loan.

We should look to move the 3 biggest liabilities in Bellerin, Mustafi and Luiz (although Luiz looks certain to stay another year).

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's been part of a defence that conceded only 34 goals in 38 games, in the PL only Liverpool conceded fewer this season. So it's probably worth taking a look at this guy.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Need some stats / analysis on this guy. Heard his name but have never seen him play.

Kakao

Seen couple Sevilla games, guy knows how to take his position, tackles well similar to Kosc

Goonger

Probably need one more CB on top of Saliba:
  • Mustafi, Mari, are out with long-term injuries
  • Sokratis, Chambers, probably heading toward the departure lounge.
Saliba, Holding, Luiz, doesn't really fill me with great confidence if we're to get some momentum going in a few short weeks. Certainly not my first choice, but we do need some experience and quality at CB ahead of next season.

Mari is expected to be fit for the start of the season, perhaps not match fit but at least in full time training.

Chambers & Mustafi are the ones that will miss the first part of the season, meaning we won't be able to sell them.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we will see Holding and Sokratis sold this summer.
Mustafi with his injury wont move and Luiz will be on the last year of his contract.
Next season we will probably have Saliba, Luiz + 1 (Mari, Chambers, Mustafi) when fit.

Anyways on this guy, apparently hes also linked with City and Liverpool and they both have genuine interest so not sure how likely we are to get him but if those teams are interested then this is the kind of quality we need.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He's been part of a defence that conceded only 34 goals in 38 games, in the PL only Liverpool conceded fewer this season. So it's probably worth taking a look at this guy.
Yeah and Sevilla is playing a pretty high def line iirc. If that’s the case he should be fairly comfortable to come in straight away. Don’t know anything about him as a player though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Who can we get rid of though? We'll have like 8 CBs

I think Holding will go. He's not going to play and his wages are low, very sellable. We may be able to sell Sokratis too, possibly Mustafi as he's been playing better.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like him and Kounde as a partnership, Carlos is more of a stopper in the Per role while Kounde is more of their Koscielny.

Sevilla are a bit loose at the back at though at times but they’re a new partnership and both are very talented.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Passing accuracy 84%
Long balls per game 4.8
Arial won per game 2.8
Tackles per game 1
Dribble past 0.3
Interceptions per game 1
Blocks per game 0.6
Clearances per game 4.8
Fouls per game 1.3

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I can see why top teams want him and Arteta too passing accuracy and long balls per game is impressive. For teams that play from the back it's the signing they should make

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like him and Kounde as a partnership, Carlos is more of a stopper in the Per role while Kounde is more of their Koscielny.

Sevilla are a bit loose at the back at though at times but they’re a new partnership and both are very talented.

I like how Per and Kos have become the only frame of reference for Arsenal fans, we just can't conceive of a CB without putting them into either the Per or Kos category :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I like how Per and Kos have become the only frame of reference for Arsenal fans, we just can't conceive of a CB without putting them into either the Per or Kos category :lol:
Yes the best we had in Emirates era they weren't perfect but they were very solid we need stability partnership without it we'll always struggle

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is that not usually the reference point for a lot of CB pairings tho? One is more aggressive and goes toward the ball, while the other is more the reader of the game. Like Vidic and Ferdinand for example. Vidic the more aggressive type, Ferdinand more composed reader of the game. Like I mean it's not always the case, sometimes depending of style of play teams will have two CB's who're aggressive and try to win the ball, or the other flip side is also the case for some teams. But I do think a lot of CB partnerships do have one CB being aggressive the other being the reader who sits back a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom