• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Carlos

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Coming off a very good season, been very impressive. Great game vs Messi the other day aswell.

Only blot would be height but honestly the kind of defender he is I don't think it'll be a big problem for him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Coming off a very good season, been very impressive. Great game vs Messi the other day aswell.

Only blot would be height but honestly the kind of defender he is I don't think it'll be a big problem for him.

From what I read he’s great in the air.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Dream signing. He's a rock. Release clause is higher than Partey's though. Sevilla may be open to business under with C19? But then again.. they have CL.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
From what I read he’s great in the air.
Yeah, he's got that Mustafi leap. Mustafi is the same height and is very good in the air to be fair to him. 6 foot is a pretty OK height for a defender IMO anyway - I just know that collectively we'd probably like someone taller. But I really like Diego Carlos so I'd be more than happy with this. I don't see it happening personally because Sevilla are in a pretty good position and have CL, so it will take quite a big offer from us to do it.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not heard of this guy, he's massive

Is this a one off season he's had or has he been building up to this?

Can he play out from the back?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Fairly normal footballer's physique
What a load of rubbish. Ander Herrera still looks like he just hit puberty and Ceballos seems to have never picked up a dumbbell in his life. :lol:
javi_formentera.jpg

b8tEtA_d7E65qB1GmmsICzqRWg24CTvcxp1KR5vtJ6eNbG8xw8-gV0EVyLMx-3-eWu-9ODEM-Z_H8ieH9jAK9ta6gWPVQEpyFA

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just watched a clip, definitely more a Kos than a Per. Very front-footed, aggressive and quick over the ground. Ideal for a high-line team.

As for his age it's not a problem, he's just a late bloomer. It happens. And his body isn't worn down by huge quantities of football very early on. He's played about 200 games in his career and only injury listed on TransferMarkt is at Nantes when he missed 4 games. And he obviously looks like a top athlete.

Not sure it's realistic though. He has 4 years left on his contract and it'd be a very high fee. You'd imagine the club would think they could find better value elsewhere potentially.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

27 for a CB is almost the perfect age to be signing them at, literally just entering their prime years. We already have Saliba for the future, we need someone to come in now and do a job straight away for next season.

HBL

Established Member
He'd cost over £35-40m for sure. Very good cb, also really like Kounde.

Kysus

What a load of rubbish. Ander Herrera still looks like he just hit puberty and Ceballos seems to have never picked up a dumbbell in his life. :lol:
"fairly normal" kinda implied that it's mostly the more physical players, technicans rarely bulk up much at all to not lose agility(always a tradeoff)

I used to play CB as well and have the Diego Carlos/Ronaldo physique

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wait isn’t this the guy who got kicked by a referee then sent off?:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is Arsenal DNA.

Get him in.
I’ll wait till we actually sign him but this is a gold mine for banter.

There’s defo a 10/10 joke to be made involving him and Mike Dean. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom