• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Carlos

Sydney-Gooner

I just checked transfermarkt.co.uk and they have his market value at £45 million. I can see Sevilla chucking on a further £20-30 million on top as his transfer fee.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Is it wise to spend so much money on a player who has only really had one world class season under his belt? Seems like we haven't learned anything about the Pepe transfer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Carlos_(footballer,_born_1993)

I can't lie, when I looked up his wiki page I thought I stumbled onto Pablo Mari's page. He's a late bloomer and didn't really make a name for himself until he went to France aged 23. This guy is gonna cost a lot of money, I'm not too sure about this transfer.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I only know him from the hype around his name this season.

His age is an advantage over someone like Gabriel, and he seems to have the right profile to partner with Saliba.

His career thusfar hasn't been stellar, though, but that doesn't have to matter. I was reading some analysis and I like the below (from laligaanalysis.com):
He’s also aggressive when the opposition receives the ball. He doesn’t let the attackers turn and is quick to bully them and recover the ball using his strength. In one-vs-one situations, Diego Carlos has enough pace to change direction and is agile enough to tackle as we have seen before, so he’s not easily beaten.
This is something Luiz consistently does wrong. I call it 'alibi defending' or 'pretend defending' as Luiz is often near the attacker but always allows space to turn and find passes because he's too slow and needs the space to keep up while backtracking.

From the same analysis I like this a lot less:
On the ball, he only stands out for attempted long passes (4.42/90’, more than the 79%), but with a poor completion percentage (46.27, more than only the 40%). He ranks in the bottom 40% of the centre-backs in the Top 5 Leagues in terms of passes into the final third (2/90’) and passes completion percentage (82.27).
He doesn't seem to be the best defender to play out from the back, which is something we really need. I wonder if someone can shed more light on his build-up play?

Impact

Established Member
Heard Carlos' name a few times this season but I haven't caught him much in live games. Have to say from his YT highlights, he seems quite rash in his defensive style. Has evidently worked this season but in the Premier League where the pace is quite frenetic I can see him conceding a lot of fouls. I don't think he is my preferred profile of defender.

Shalmaneser V

Heard Carlos' name a few times this season but I haven't caught him much in live games. Have to say from his YT highlights, he seems quite rash in his defensive style. Has evidently worked this season but in the Premier League where the pace is quite frenetic I can see him conceding a lot of fouls. I don't think he is my preferred profile of defender.

From what I’ve read on him one of his downsides is his tendency to concede a lot of fouls.

If we really get lucky and get rid of at least Sokratis Holding i can see big money CB signing specially Mustafi and luiz are gone at end of next season.
Luiz should retire at Arsenal imo. Would be a great Xhaka replacement as a DLP. Very good at passing from deep, physically imposing, very fast for his frame, excellent with both feet and can dribble. Add the leadership qualities and you've got a really good player in there as a CM. If I were the boss, I'd throw everything at Partey, Harvetz/that Lyon player with a difficult name, and we'd have a very good midfield. Do this, and top-four is certain.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Never heard of him.

Slide tackle merchant according to Youtube comments. Mustafi mk. 2 if you will.

say yes

forum master baiter
Great name but far too much of a one-season wonder risk at that price. Also sick of signing rubbish CBs from La Liga.

Not for me, Clive.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Great name but far too much of a one-season wonder risk at that price. Also sick of signing rubbish CBs from La Liga.

Not for me, Clive.

b602d6e336e44298b106b2da8bcd7f7d_front.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Most reliable source in Brazil. if Sevilla open letting him go for 50M euros then we can do the deal.

Makavelii

This would be the best possible option for CB I can think of. Judging by the recent posts, he sounds too expensive for us though :(

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Never heard of him.

Slide tackle merchant according to Youtube comments. Mustafi mk. 2 if you will.

I know nothing of this guy but I just watched a YouTube comp that was like 8 minutes of just sliding tackles wtf

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Not for me, Clive.

Wouldn't call him a one-season wonder. He was playing well at Nantes too, it's what attracted Monchi's attention, it's just Monchi was the first one to take notice.

I like this guy mainly cos he's a great athlete who'd win most of his duels in the PL, not many forwards are stronger or faster than him. Could play in a high line, he's very aggressive. High risk high reward type thing. Handsome bastard. Got Arsenal written all over him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you want an established top CB then you better have 100M ready.

Left field guys like this for 30-40M is probably our route.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom