• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Different nationalities’ Arsenal XI

Which pair would you prefer?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bergkamp wasn’t just a footballer, the whole vibe/energy of Arsenal changed overnight when he arrived.

Most exciting and significant transfer this club has made. Every story has focal points, Bergkamp is one of those for Arsenal.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Yeah,think that Seria A was in peak in those times.Milan was so damn strong and had top players on almost every position.With Juve and Inter played some quality stuff.Defence was their big advantage.

Well,that match fixing in 2006 ruined a lot of things in Italy.Who knows when they will back to their best again.They're behind Spain,England and Germany atm.
Yeah, I mean Italy had like 3/4 world class players for every position with the top end players from other European and South Americans were always around there while Italian managers were the top dogs.

They aren't getting anywhere near the top bar Juve and possibly Inter hanging about given they have no money to compete while their talent pool is absolutely tragic.

I think so far that was the peak of any league in recent memory in terms of overall quality bar Spain's dominance results wise over the past few years. And maybe the PL top 4 period of Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Bergkamp wasn’t just a footballer, the whole vibe/energy of Arsenal changed overnight when he arrived.

Most exciting and significant transfer this club has made. Every story has focal points, Bergkamp is one of those for Arsenal.
True but I still prefer Van Persie the player over him and also Cesc actually.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
This is bold mate. RvP wouldn't take himself over The Iceman.
Well, the man who managed both, Wenger, said if Van Persie could stay fit for an extended period of time he'd be on the same bracket as Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney etc at the time. Evidenced by his two seasons injury free with Arsenal in our worst ever state and Man Utd team on their last legs there's evidence to back that up.

And anyway, Bergkamp played in a far superior team. Van Persie and Cesc played with clowns mostly. And the way they played at their best despite everything and how they played were better than I've seen from anyone other than Henry. From a technical, creative and aesthetic stand point tied with effectiveness relative to their resources.

GDeep™

League is very weak
RvP and Cesc were levels below Pires and Vieira, it’s not even close. Nothing was given to guys like these, and Gilberto etc, these guys came in and elevated the team and club.

Vieira probably our best modern day player (25-30 years), followed by Henry and Bergkamp. Guys like Wright, Adams, Pires etc next.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
RvP and Cesc were levels below Pires and Vieira, it’s not even close. Nothing was given to guys like these, and Gilberto etc, these guys came in and elevated the team and club.

Vieira probably our best modern day player (25-30 years), followed by Henry and Bergkamp. Guys like Wright, Adams, Pires etc next.
They were great but levels above, how? Nothing was given to them? They came and played with some of the best players the club has ever had during a time Premiership football beyond Arsenal and Man Utd was just tragic to say the least. Compare that to Cesc-RVP times when the league in terms of competition and quality was peaking. Just compare the squads. Ramsey, Walcott, Almunia, Song, Bendtner, Senderos, Squillaci, Andre Santos, Gervinho, Chamakh were their supporting cast.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He is absolutely right to be honest. Rvp and Cesc were levels below the ones mentioned for sure.

They were winners who elevated the club its different.

I dunno about Viera > Henry though, however if you were to ask me if I could add one player from our history to this current team right now, it would be Viera no doubt in my mind.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shame that this times will never happen again.That team,stadium,atmosphere,energy,players.

Superb team...big Matthew Upson dominating Del Piero and Trezeguet, take me back :drool:

That’s a better home shirt than the Invincible season one imo.

Miss Highbury badly...will never forget my first visit, after watching Arsenal on tv, to finally get to go...man, felt just like home.

As G says, you just can’t have Van Persie over Bergkamp, doesn’t even matter who the better player is (it’s Dennis, btw) but Bergkamp’s story at Arsenal is simply better...players like Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira etc...they ARE the club really, will take something impossible to get ahead of them.

GoonerJay24

They were great but levels above, how? Nothing was given to them? They came and played with some of the best players the club has ever had during a time Premiership football beyond Arsenal and Man Utd was just tragic to say the least. Compare that to Cesc-RVP times when the league in terms of competition and quality was peaking. Just compare the squads. Ramsey, Walcott, Almunia, Song, Bendtner, Senderos, Squillaci, Andre Santos, Gervinho, Chamakh were their supporting cast.

Cesc and RVP weren't even the players best in our squad during that period.

Good players but inconsistent, injury prone and surrendered on the big stage too often. No RVP better than Bergkamp at his very prime.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So easy to trigger responses with this cr*p...

RvP was a talent on Henry level but injuries limited his career success, I was actually shocked that he managed to save his career after so many long term injuries. His first full season was his last with us and he single handedly secured us CL football, later he was Man U best player and won them the league.
To say he was levels below Pires is a very bad joke.

Cesc from the age of 18-23 was amazing and he fitted nicely in Wenger's vision of football. Cesc was able to dominate big games, something Vieira was failing to do on a regular basis, especially in Europe. Would say they were on a similar level with different qualities. The only thing I didn't like about Fabregas was that his peak was so short and early in his career, but I am comparing them by their peak time.

say yes

forum master baiter
It will also give him a hairstyle tip. That season was unbelievable. Pires goal at Villa, Dennis against Leverkusen and Newcastle and his skill against Juve, winning with ten against Liverpool, the title at Old Trafford. The Invincible season with the Champions league for the taking, was as anti climatic as sex with Riou in comparison.
@GDeep™ when he finishes the 01/02 season highlights:
iu

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
So easy to trigger responses with this cr*p...

RvP was a talent on Henry level but injuries limited his career success, I was actually shocked that he managed to save his career after so many long term injuries. His first full season was his last with us and he single handedly secured us CL football, later he was Man U best player and won them the league.
To say he was levels below Pires is a very bad joke.

Cesc from the age of 18-23 was amazing and he fitted nicely in Wenger's vision of football. Cesc was able to dominate big games, something Vieira was failing to do on a regular basis, especially in Europe. Would say they were on a similar level with different qualities. The only thing I didn't like about Fabregas was that his peak was so short and early in his career, but I am comparing them by their peak time.
Agreed. Lots of 'traitor-knocking' going on in here.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wrighty, Anelka and Henry all have one thing in common with regard to their time at Arsenal- their best form came when played with Bergkamp.

Bergkamp was far superior to RVP. RVP had incredible ability, but was a bottler. Zero impact in Europe. I'd struggle to put him above Wright or Anelka never mind Dennis.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
------------Szczęsny-------------
Lauren--Toure Adams--Kola
---------------Gilberto-----------
-----------Özil------ Rosicky------
-------------------Cesc-------------
--------Bergkamp Henry--------

This team has everything.

How anyone can choose any other player over Henry, Bergkamp, Cesc and Adams for a player of a same nationality is shocking.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Shabann

Luzhny vivas Stepanovs Traore

Denilson Xhaka Song

Chamak Jeffers Bendtner

Could of been much worse...could of had K.Diawara (worse player in the Wenger era), Sanogo, Wreh, S.Taylor, Boa Morte, Diaby, Ramsey and Bellerin.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Wrighty, Anelka and Henry all have one thing in common with regard to their time at Arsenal- their best form came when played with Bergkamp.

Bergkamp was far superior to RVP. RVP had incredible ability, but was a bottler. Zero impact in Europe. I'd struggle to put him above Wright or Anelka never mind Dennis.

Was Bergkamp really that much better in Europe?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Bar not travelling to certain games, didn't strike as a bottler.

P.s. I took great pleasure in warning United fans about RVP in Europe. He proved me right.

I don't think we really came out of this deal bad.

I mean, it's a bit weird to say Bergkamp was elite and RvP wasn't because one didn't show up to Europe and one didn't perform in Europe.

I think the latter played most of his games in Europe for teams that were underdogs to be fair compared to the squad Bergkamp played in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom