• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Different nationalities’ Arsenal XI

Which pair would you prefer?

• Total voters

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't think we really came out of this deal bad.

I mean, it's a bit weird to say Bergkamp was elite and RvP wasn't because one didn't show up to Europe and one didn't perform in Europe.

I think the latter played most of his games in Europe for teams that were underdogs to be fair compared to the squad Bergkamp played in.

Bergkamp's impact impact on our club and Van Persie's are not even in the same stratosphere. I'm simply explaining why I put RVP in the bracket below Thierry and Bergkamp.

He's in the Anelka (better than RVP) and Wright (RVP definitely a better footballer) category.

You think he's top 3 Arsenal strikers in the premier league era? I don't for us or United.

No way could I pick a Dutchman in this team and it not be Bergkamp. If I had to pick another, it's Overmars.

WAIT... I want to chance my team. Montreal for GVB so I can squeeze Cesc in.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
RvP and Cesc were levels below Pires and Vieira, it’s not even close. Nothing was given to guys like these, and Gilberto etc, these guys came in and elevated the team and club.

Vieira probably our best modern day player (25-30 years), followed by Henry and Bergkamp. Guys like Wright, Adams, Pires etc next.
Henry is our best player. He was better than Vieira, talent wise. What Vieira had over Henry was leadership and being totally unique. There isn't a player like Vieira at the moment and there really hasn't been since he retired. There's a clone of Henry at PSG. That's where I'd give Vieira the edge but no way was he a better player than Henry. The only French player better than Henry in that generation was Mr. Zidane.

say yes

forum master baiter
------------Szczęsny-------------
Lauren--Toure Adams--Kola
---------------Gilberto-----------
-----------Özil------ Rosicky------
-------------------Cesc-------------
--------Bergkamp Henry--------

This team has everything.

How anyone can choose any other player over Henry, Bergkamp, Cesc and Adams for a player of a same nationality is shocking.
Henry is the best player in the club’s history (and I went for him in my XI), but picking Vieira over him as the team’s French representative is far from “shocking”.

Vieira is an all-time great CM, and he’s arguably even more valuable in this context given the alternative CM/DM options (e.g. Gilberto) are weaker than the alternative CF options you could pick instead of Henry (e.g. Van Persie, Wright or Aubameyang).

Similarly, Adams is the best English player in the club’s history, but you can make a stronger XI without him in it given our club’s depth at CB compared to other positions. For example, I have no qualms saying Cole (best LB of his generation) & a brilliant CB like O’Leary is a much better pairing than Adams & Kolasinsac.

The fun of this thread is making a balanced XI, not just picking the best player of each nationality and then filling in the gaps.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Bergkamp wasn’t just a footballer, the whole vibe/energy of Arsenal changed overnight when he arrived.

Most exciting and significant transfer this club has made. Every story has focal points, Bergkamp is one of those for Arsenal.
Have doubted your judgment at times, but this shows you’re one of the real ones.

TornadoTed

Established Member
GK - Jennings (Northern Ireland)
DL - Monreal (Spain)
DC - Toure (Ivory Coast)
DC - Campbell (England)
DR - Lauren (Cameroon)
MR - Ljungberg (Sweden)
MC - Viera (France)
MC - Brady (ROI)
ML - Sanchez (Chilli)
SC - Bergkamp (Holland)
SC - Aubameyang (Gabon)

Defence is tough as most of our best defenders have been English, Cole, Campbell, Adams, Keown, Bould, Dixon, Sansom, Winterburn, Anderson etc.

Another option was to swap out Monreal, Campbell and Brady for Cole, O'Leary and Gilberto, slightly more solid defence but I like Brady's creativity in central midfield.

Last edited:

Shalmaneser V

The catch..only one player per nationality.

...................Szczesny
Lauren...Adams..Toure..Sylvinho
...........Cesc......Ramsey
Ljungberg...Bergkamp...Sanchez
.............................Henry

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
An all time Arsenal 11, with just 1 player per nationality...

Lehmann
Lauren-O'Leary-Toure-Cole
Gilberto-Fabregas
Sanchez-Bergkamp-Ljungberg
Henry
...can it be anything other than that?

GDeep™

League is very weak

Lehmann
Gilberto-Fabregas
Henry
Drop Lehmann for Fabianski, bring Özil to replace Sanchez or Ljunberg.

Adams would have to be in there.

Riou

Drop Lehmann for Fabianski, bring Özil to replace Sanchez or Ljunberg.

Adams would have to be in there.

It's trying to find the best performing 11 though...so if you put in Tony, then Cole drops out...and I think O'Leary (never watched him, but based on the little highlights I have seen and mainly his amount of games/success at Arsenal) would be closer to Adams, than any other left fullback is to Cole.

No way does Fabianski get in, ffs...you could have Szcz or even Pat Jennings and bring Mes in, I guess.

Riou

Thought this might have already been a thread, should have looked for it...cheers to whomever moved my posts!

@GDeep™ when he finishes the 01/02 season highlights:
iu

trying-not-to-laugh-guy.gif

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

When did GDeep become a Russian? Ne spokuj balshoj, spasiba ..

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Lehmann
Gilberto-Fabregas
Henry

Szczesny over Lehman, then Özil over Ljungberg and that’s mine!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom