• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dinos Mavropanos: Mavro Number 5

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

So, because there isn't a Thread for him.

Just wanted to say:

He is injured again. Rupture of the meniscus. Won't play again in this year.

He looked very good in Stuttgarts last game, but with all these injuries, i don't have much hope left.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah shame seem he injury prone every season he got big injury. It'll stop him develop to be good center hopefully he can play again this season

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Forgot this guy even existed. I still remember when we thought we unearthed a real gem. But the fact that we're still unsure about him over 2 and a half years later speaks volumes.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Poor guy. Too many injuries to be relied on. I hope he recovers well and then i think we look to sell.
We really have to start weeding out injury prone players on the books and avoid signing anyone that seems to even lean in this direction. This is the one characteristic I absolutely think we need to avoid. It is hardly possible to become a good professional athlete if you cannot stay healthy. I would have us cut bait and move on asap.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Surprised to see so much negativity around his injury. Isn’t his injury an impact type? How are you meant to avoid those?

Also, other than a groin strain in 18/19 he’s never had a serious/lengthy injury till now?

What am I missing? Also a player who has done well on loan.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He’s had barely any injury history and AM wants to sell him and wants him to retire. Don’t know what I’m missing.
He's had about four injuries in just under two years iirc. He was out over three months just after Wenger left and he went on loan. Had to subbed first half in the last match last season. Got injured earlier this year and saved by covid and now this. It seems a lot of injuries that all last more than two weeks. We've been here before with Wilshere and Co.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's had about four injuries in just under two years iirc. He was out over three months just after Wenger left and he went on loan. Had to subbed first half in the last match last season. Got injured earlier this year and saved by covid and now this. It seems a lot of injuries that all last more than two weeks. We've been here before with Wilshere and Co.
All minor injuries, none linked and most impact related. Nothing major or nothing that suggests a deeper problem which will affect his career.

Bad luck if anything, similar to Smith Rowe.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
All minor injuries, none linked and most impact related. Nothing major or nothing that suggests a deeper problem which will affect his career.

Fair enough about the bad luck, but we've had a core of players and subs who had bad luck. You can't build around them. Hopefully he stays fit for a while after this.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Surprised to see so much negativity around his injury. Isn’t his injury an impact type? How are you meant to avoid those?

Also, other than a groin strain in 18/19 he’s never had a serious/lengthy injury till now?

What am I missing? Also a player who has done well on loan.

Tbf it is understandable people are freaking out about his latest injury. The guy missed 6 months through injury in the last 2 years (that's not even counting his current one which will sideline him for a while). While this one might be impact related he has had trouble with his groin. Missing 4 months the first time and then another one that lasted just over a month, also had a pelvis injury. Oh and at the end of the 2019 season he got injured on the last day, which meant the time he was recovering from that wasn't even counted as it was the off season. From my memory he hadn't completely recovered by the time the next season arrived.

For a young player that is an awful lot of time missed to develop which is just a shame. Had so much potential this kid.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Did he have the pleasure of having the last ever red card in the Arsène Wenger era? Pretty certain he did but not 100% certain.

Top Bottom