• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Djené Dakonam

Judasviking

Interesting, I'm surprised such a small CB has been so successful in a 442, but it looks like it is more of the case there than in England unfortunately. I really wanted a calm and composed CB who is 6'2 and above, to partner one of our many headless chickens

Yes, would much rather have Konate for example.

Djene have just been this good for one season also, im really not sure where he have been before??

He is 27 years now so yeah, who knows how he gonna perform next season ( maybe Getafe have a "Leicester year" over there in spain.

When that said we have had one lad from Togo before in this team and he did really well :lol:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Damn, Getafe are in top four in La Liga right now. Can't be too bad if he is a key player there. His height is a worry, but maybe he is like Sagna who despite being short was rarely beaten in height battles even when playing as CB.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Yes, would much rather have Konate for example.

Djene have just been this good for one season also, im really not sure where he have been before??

He is 27 years now so yeah, who knows how he gonna perform next season ( maybe Getafe have a "Leicester year" over there in spain.

When that said we have had one lad from Togo before in this team and he did really well :lol:

he's been performing more then a year now. It's his height, late bloomer, and unfortunately nation he comes from that makes people ignore him.
not the first, not the last

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger was linked with him too, this is not our first link.

Apparently he’s a very solid player.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
And an article about his impressive form this season for Getafe.

Here's a snippet:

Playing in a flat 4-4-2, the focus of the side is in remaining solid and compact without the ball, stifling the opposition with discipline and physicality. Inevitably, there have been allegations of anti-football levelled at them, and while there is a healthy dose of cynicism, there is also more nuance than most care to admit.

It is not a coincidence that Djene is now attracting interest from Barcelona: his passing ability is highly developed, having spent time earlier in his career playing in defensive midfield and at full-back. He is also, at just under 6 foot, smaller than might be expected for a team that looks to play reactively...and yet, there is a method to this.

Getafe’s attacking consists of almost entirely bypassing the midfield once the ball is won, progressing the ball either through the flanks or by way of long passes into the forwards.

Djene’s experience as a full-back comes to the fore here, as he displays the composure on the ball required to evade pressure, before playing forward.

This keeps Getafe from needing to face endless waves of attack. Centre-back partner Cabrera, incidentally, has also spent time in his career at full-back.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I’ve heard him described as the CB/RB version of Kante. Wouldn’t mind one of those.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Certainly fits the Monreal mould of CB rather than Koscielny or Sokratis. Versatile and good at playing out from the back.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
people love to talk about his height (evrn tho he wins headers) but wont even mention his agility, pace and ability to play high line.

more and more I have a feeling Unai wants to use 3 at back a lot next season. probably mix that one with 433.
in that case, or any case with 3 at back being played, Djene makes lots of sense. Even when switching back to 4 man defense he still gets to play Cb or Rb

Really gives you lots of versitality, one of my favorite options being to play him as an anchroman

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nothing new but he was tweeting about the Getafe manager and wrote a piece on him and then tweeted this.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom