• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do Arsenal need a new striker?

Amsterdam Gooner 88

We need a top GK, a top CB, and top CM, maybe another wide option and most of all, a quality CF.

Giroud is Giroud. He will try, do his best but you can't deny he falls short. Off the bench though, the guy is absolute quality as proven last season.

To me GK is not top priority. I believe Cech is still good enough to be our first choice for next season.

Like you said, CF is our top priority for sure.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Depends if Alexis is staying or not. If Alexis stays and is played at CF we would just need a top quality ACM to complete a quality trio with Alexis and Özil.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Simply put - yes.

Don't get me wrong I think Giroud and Welbeck are great but Welbeck can't finish and we do not play to Giroud's strengths. If we switched formations and put Giroud up top with Alexis and got a winger who was top class then we could make it work.

Dream is bringing in Mbappe.

skip spence

No, we are perfectly set up with Giroud, Welbeck, Lucas Perez and Asano as our striker options.
The fact that this seemingly reasonable statement will be interpreted as sarcasm by a large majority of Arsenal and football fans is enough to answer the thread question.

OSBK

Established Member
Absolutely we need a top forward.

All the top clubs in europe and in the epl have 2-3 top strikers. We have 2 that wouldn't make the bench at nearly all those clubs. I dont include alexis in our 2, I want him to play cf but I cannot see wenger persisting.

I would argue we need 2 top forwards. Welbz and giroud are talked about "great backups" top top teams dont have players just for backup. We need to change that mentality and get winners playing for us who want to play every week and scare the life out or other teams.

Mbappe, laca,icardi,higgy if they are in that bracket buy 2 and get rid of giroud,welbz,perez,theo

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yes we do. We haven't had a top striker who can stay fit since Henry left ten years ago!
Mbappe is the dream and I think we can guarantee him a starting role. I suspect the delay in getting Lacazette, is because Wenger really wants Mbappe. We're in danger of losing both if we don't get this right.

David_Smith

I'm undecided. Giroud has been a great player to have. Welbeck saved us on some ocassions. We also have Perez who's yet to show us what he can do.

Top Bottom