• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do first team players deserve second chance with new manager?

Saikung

Just having a thought. I believe almost everyone deserves a second chance with Wenger leaving.

We all know Wengers tactical management and defending are quite poor. Maybe someone who can coach in those areas will see big improvement with our players?

Let's name players who don't deserve a 2nd chance.

I'll start (I'm prepared for the hatred, bring it on!)

Iwobi
Welbeck
Mustafi (possibly)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes 100%. Look at the players Klopp inherited from Rodgers and Conte last year with the Mourinho team.

It’s an effort kicking out and bringing in loads of new players when you haven’t got City resources. The squad will struggle to gel, work with what you’ve got imo.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Most of them, yeah. But not in detriment of the first team upgrades we need in the form of a GK, CB, CM and WF.

Might have to chuck another CB there in the mix, since Koscielny should be third choice next season.

Mustafi, one of Cech or Ospina can all go..

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Carl Jenkinson.

Need to keep the Banter in the squad.

carl-jenkinson-banter.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm not sure I would kick anyone out just yet. There are certainly some I would consider to be taking a squad role next season eg, Kos & Wilshere (if he signs). Mustafi I would like to see what a new manager can do with him. Iwobi is frustrating but we have seen good things so again, I prefer to see what a new manager can do with him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I feel players that exit this summer will mainly be those that desire a move & those that the manager is willing to cash in on if not required.

Group 1 Hector, Ramsey & Özil.
Group 2 Chambers, Mustafi, Xhaka, Welbeck, Lucas, Ospina & potentially Lacazette.

Not much change other than that with Santi still injured & the likes of Iwobi, Holding still loan age + not high price potential.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
immediate decisions only need be made about Jack and Ramsey, and they are both young enough to be given a second chance, but anyone else outside the core who is over 28 needs moving on, plus all our loanees

neither of our main keepers is going to improve under anyone, but would like to see Martinez given a run out, on grounds of size if nothing else

Mustafi is young for a defender, and does show the odd flash of brilliance so I would like to see him given a second chance - Kos is a problem for me, as I fear at his age his decline is likely to accelerate

Stannis

Jack should go, he cant rely upon upon fitness-wise, and he doesn't do enough when he is fit. Further, he wont accept a squad role and I dont blame him for that. He needs to go for his own good.

People like to cite that Aaron has been injured almost the same amount of days in recent years as Jack. The difference is Aaron has achieved enough at this club to be remembered in years to come for more than just having potential.

Danny is a great squad option and unlike Jack I think he will accept that role.

I like them both Iwobi and Mustafi are the issues for me. I reckon its up to the next manager, especially in mustafi's case.

Ospina definitely needs to go. Again I like him, he has been great in our cup runs. Just because you aren't world class doesn't mean you are a flop. Wish him all the best where ever he goes.

Id say the same for Emi Martinez, he has barely played during his loan spell and will be 26 soon. Unless he is happy being a third choice again, I think its best to let him go.

Everyone else I think should be safe. Some people want Cech to go but again I reckon you have to back him if he is willing to be a number 2. By all accounts, he is great in the dressing room and he is one of the few players in our team to always show some responsibility. Yes, he isn't the force he once was, but he has been screwed by our defence as well.

Of course. That is what club with bottom5 team funding needs to do... We are hearing about 50 M that we have and that needs to go all into a world class GK...

We have a good squad before and we have extremely talented youth players.

Our squad can though be improved a lot by more basic training, drilling defensively and even attacking wise! A lot of players will stop making mistakes if we are better drilled as defensive unit. It is vital though that we keep and improve our attacking identity!

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I like Welbeck, hes a tryer and that alone is a difference to some already in the squad, think he offers a great deal and on his day and injury free can be destructive.
Mustafi think should be let go, same with Koscielny I hate to say.
Iwobi, possibly, he's still young though and just looks shorn of confidence, so would like to see him given another chance even though not totally convinced he has what it takes.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm not his biggest fan, but I'm not sure Welbeck has done anything wrong to even be given a "second chance". He's had a good season.
He is really complicated with the contract.

Makes sense to cash in or long term contract with those injuries?

Personally in the middle but would renew only one of him / Jack.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Apart from Özil, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang, I don‘t care who is sold/leaves. They are all replacable and the new manager should be trusted to have his own players if we want to get out of this mess.

If the new manager wants to keep all of our players then so be it but he shouldn‘t be restricted to this if he doesn‘t want to. Then we know who is the real culprit if it doesn‘t work out instead of what happened with Rodgers and the committee.

Essentially it‘s too early to talk until the new managers arrives and has a look himself, on who he needs and who can be sold.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Yes, because player form and use (as we've seen hyperbolically with Salah) is quite manager-dependent. That said, I expect the new guy to be especially brutal in slashing the overpaid / underperforming deadwood from the squad, as he won't have any of Arsène's loyalty to players he didn't sign (and thus feel overinvested in making come good).

Top Bottom